Films that changed your life.

Options
cazzer69
cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
In a similar vein to the TV shows you got obsessed with, are there any films that you watched and just....stuck.
Altered how you see things or do things or, well whatever.

With me it was Christine. I watched it back in 83 and then finally got my own Christine a few years ago. (I won't discuss the amount of time effort and money it took). But all because of one film...

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    40-Year-Old Virgin.

There's something about this movie that even when I am having the worst day imaginable, I can turn it on, and just feel better by laughing. A guy who can live that long and never be with a woman, and NOT lose his sense of humor just puts things in perspective for me. Humor and being true to self and all that. And it's pervy, which makes the teen boy trapped in my psyche happy as well.
  • Progman
    Progman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The Killing Fields.

I saw it when I was 15. It made me sit up and really take notice of the world - politics, war, human nature and the evils that men do - grew up a lot in those 2 hours or so. I still think it's the greatest historical movie ever made.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Rumble Fish was amazing for me. It spoke to me at that time. I still think about it, a lot.
  • tropic_runner
    tropic_runner Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    TV Series.

I am obsessed with TV shows! My favorites would have to be Dexter, Trueblood, Breaking Bad, Glee, loved The Sopranos, and Six Feet Under!!! I always get so involved with the characters and they are better than most movies because of their lengths, they get really in depth storylines!!!
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    'Field of Dreams' - Life is short, we should make the best of each and every day.

Love your parents, they will not be here for you forever. . . Peace.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    The Killing Fields.

I saw it when I was 15. It made me sit up and really take notice of the world - politics, war, human nature and the evils that men do - grew up a lot in those 2 hours or so. I still think it's the greatest historical movie ever made.

My mum made me watch this when I was just a poor, disenfranchised middle class teenager. It opened my brain.

Belle du Jour spoke to me a lot
  • johnjkkelly
    Options
    The Life of Brian
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Lord of the flies... I remember reading the book and watching it in high school going yup pretty much..

Fear---- First time I saw this moving I was 15 or 16 and sitting with my Daddy..... When he hits himself repeatidly in the chest my Daddy just looked at me and said do not date for at least 6 months
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you.
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yeah you can. We won't tell anyone.
  • Mydnyte_Ryder
    Mydnyte_Ryder Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Click
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Antoine Fisher.
  • jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The Notebook.

The happiest and saddest film I've ever seen all at the same time. I just can't imagine watching your one true love go through senile dementia. Heartbreaking.
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    Snow dogs 4 it's a modern day master piece like the godfather with dogs:laugh:
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Life is beautiful- how even when things are bad, you should always try to do something for the ones you love to make it better.
  • nascarted10
    nascarted10 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers.

Bump
  • Well.... I saw the film version of RENT before I ever saw the stage version. Seeing the film version made me want to see the stage version. RENT was the first piece of live theatre that I ever experienced. It sparked my interest in theatre. And now theatre is kind of my life. Started going to school for theatre, hoping to be accepted into some design programs at schools in NYC this year. So yeah, it's pretty safe to say that that film definitely changed my life.
  • ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Antwone Fisher - Closest feeling I've had about my own life from a movie. Helped me process a lot of stuff.
  • MrsC160
    MrsC160 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - something about idea of deleting something from someone's memories. I think the good and memories make us who we are.