Anyone try Jay Johnson's Boot Camp

Options
jamie31
jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
I have already completed p90x and Insanity and have been looking for something new. Has anyone tried Jay Johnson's Boot Camp?? Let me know your thoughts on it

Replies

• DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    It's just OK. I did the abs, wasn't impressed, but the total body was ok. Not really challenging for someone of more physical endurance.
  • cmurphy04722
    cmurphy04722 Posts: 254
    Options
    I have already completed p90x and Insanity

Sorry, haven't tried Jay Johnson's but I am starting Insanity soon. How did you like it?
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I actually just bought Jay's Boot Camp set...

I'm going to try a round of Jillian's 30 day shred (first), then do the Boot Camp. So...review upcoming!

I'm not going to lie, Insanity was TOO MUCH for me. I felt really burnt out after one week of it. I started it a few weeks after completing a round of P90X.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have already completed p90x and Insanity

Sorry, haven't tried Jay Johnson's but I am starting Insanity soon. How did you like it?

I love Insanity! although i will warn you if you aren't already in good shape it will be extremely difficult to do. Just push through it though and you will get better
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Just finished Red week (1), Day 3 of the 9 Week boot camp program (available on Jay's website - not the individual DVDs available on Amazon).

The program is set up such that you have three phases, each 3 weeks - Red, White, Blue. Each phase grows increasingly more difficult and the workout segments get a little bit longer. Each element of the workout - abs, cardio, legs, etc. is standard for each colored phase, but elevates in difficulty as you progress to the next phase (i.e. "legs" and "cardio" are the same throughout red phase but then a new, more difficult, version is introduced in white phase, then blue phase).

Day 1 - Warm-up, Legs, Abs, Cardio, Recovery
    Day 2 - Warm-up, Chest/Shld/Tri, Cardio, Recovery
    Day 3 - Warm-up, Back & Biceps, Abs, Cardio, Recovery

The cardio for red phase is pyramid style. 20 reps of the first move, 19 reps of the second, until you hit 10 reps of the last move. C/S/T follows a similar pattern.

Weights are required for the strength components and also for several ab moves.

Your heart rate DOES get elevated - and mine remained elevated close or at target level through most of the workout, but not to the high continued rate of elevation in something like "Insanity." There are more rest points in boot camp.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I'd say since you have already finished P90X and Insanity to get the Turbo Fire by Chalene Johnson coming out in June! Way to go on the huge weightloss (that is awesome) and for working it soooo hard!
  • hemu_grins
    hemu_grins Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all,

would request you if any one could share jayjohnson bootcamp workouts videos. i can't afford to buy DVD.

Thanks,