Freaked out bride-to-be needs help.

Options
Hey guys.

So, I'm getting married in about 2 months. In October of 2012, I set out to lose 17 lbs. The first two months were GREAT! I tried slim fast, watched my portion control and went to the gym (semi) regularly, resulting in a loss of 9 lbs!!

Then...the holidays hit. I didn't do too bad, gained maybe 2 lbs. But now, it's the end of January and I can't seem to get past 133/132. I was losing close to 3-5 pounds a month. I need to lose JUST 7 POUNDS and it's just not happening like it was. These past two weeks I have also been hit with bronchitis and a sinus infection, so no chance of going to the gym there.

I just don't know what to do, and I'm anxious. I know I just need to hang in there and keep going, but I'm almost terrified that I won't be able to get the rest of the weight off.

Encouragement and/or advice would be helpful.

:smile: thanks.

Replies

• paulsmisses
    Options
    i find cutting down on heavy carbs like bread and pasta helps to shed quickly as fruit veg protein etc is easier to digest so you dont get that blocked bloatedness. Good luck, i got married 3 months after my 2nd son was born, and was really quite big but was happy to be getting married to mu hubby, and he wont care how you look on the day as long as you turn up!!
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Oh gosh, this probably isn't what you want to hear, but...try to focus on the beauty and the meaning of the day, not the seven lbs. I mean, by all means follow the advice you will likely get here and go for it, because it's important to you, but please don't let that number SEVEN loom larger than anything else. It's just a small detail, and you will look amazing whether you lose all seven or not.

That said, if it were me I would eat a lot of veggies and lean meats, like big salads with chicken and just balsamic vinegar or pico de gallo for dressing. Cut out alcohol if you drink it now. Drink a LOT of water. Exercise daily. And try not to be obsessed to the point that this overshadows one of the most important days of you life. :flowerforyou:
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    not recommendable long term but for fast loss just eat protein & cut out carbs, it falls off
  • geenie731
    geenie731 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    this is very true :happy: thank you!! One thing I also realized is weighing myself every day is sort of throwing me off. I think I'm going to stick to doing it once a week so I stop worrying about it.
  • geenie731
    Options
    Oh gosh, this probably isn't what you want to hear, but...try to focus on the beauty and the meaning of the day, not the seven lbs. I mean, by all means follow the advice you will likely get here and go for it, because it's important to you, but please don't let that number SEVEN loom larger than anything else. It's just a small detail, and you will look amazing whether you lose all seven or not.

That said, if it were me I would eat a lot of veggies and lean meats, like big salads with chicken and just balsamic vinegar or pico de gallo for dressing. Cut out alcohol if you drink it now. Drink a LOT of water. Exercise daily. And try not to be obsessed to the point that this overshadows one of the most important days of you life. :flowerforyou:

Seriously though, I do need to hear this and it's very true. Thank you :) I drink 2 1/2 nalgenes a day.
  • trammelgal
    Options
    Does your fiancee support your weight loss? Were you chubby when he fell in love with you? The important thing is that he loves you enough to make a long-term committment. Focus on your love for eachother and let the pounds fall where they may. Try to de-stress and see if that doesn't help in your efforts to loose.
  • geenie731
    Options
    Does your fiancee support your weight loss? Were you chubby when he fell in love with you? The important thing is that he loves you enough to make a long-term committment. Focus on your love for eachother and let the pounds fall where they may. Try to de-stress and see if that doesn't help in your efforts to loose.

I actually weighed less when we met. He is in full support of my weight loss and would support me even if I wanted to stay this size. I guess it's just me disappointed in myself for gaining this weight and trying to work it off before the wedding and (gulp) pictures. De-stressing would probably be a very good first step :smile:

by the way, I'm 5'2.5.