Also good as a pizza crust.
  • Pattis11
    Pattis11 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nasoj007
    nasoj007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When I do mine I just cut up a head of it and steam it very well (someone already warned it tends to keep its cauliflowerness if you don't get it steamed enough) with 2 cloves of garlic. Add chives and some butter (tablespoon or a bit more if you prefer) and mash it until it reaches your preferred consistently (the smoother you get it the less like cauliflower it will be). When I'm done its just like garlic and chive mashed potatoes, virtually no cauliflower taste remains.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    sounds good
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I always have the calories to spare (I'm lucky like that) so I like to half and half cauliflower/potato. Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. Add a little butter. Add black pepper. Best of both worlds.
  • Andrea419
    Andrea419 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good recipe for the pizza? Thanks.
  • gc2951
    gc2951 Posts: 30
    Options
    I use reduced sodium chicken broth to cook the cauliflower in and then add 3oz neufchatel cheese and whip it with a mixer. I have served this at Thanksgiving to family members who hate cauliflower and they did not even know it! If you try this and still don't like it, you can mix it with mashed potatoes and still get some benefit.
  • zaybaby
    zaybaby Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • gsbrooks1
    Options
    bump
  • selandia
    Options
    bump
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    When I do mine I just cut up a head of it and steam it very well (someone already warned it tends to keep its cauliflowerness if you don't get it steamed enough) with 2 cloves of garlic. Add chives and some butter (tablespoon or a bit more if you prefer) and mash it until it reaches your preferred consistently (the smoother you get it the less like cauliflower it will be). When I'm done its just like garlic and chive mashed potatoes, virtually no cauliflower taste remains.

That's it! We love it that way.
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    http://whatscookingamerica.net/Vegetables/CauliflowerRice.htm

Check out this web page for cauliflower rice, if your interested
  • deerslayer10
    Options
    Make sure you drain it very very well or it will be soupy.
  • sasu27
    sasu27 Posts: 51
    Options
    I like to use the Birdseye Steamer bag of Garlic Cauliflower to make it easier. Today I steamed a cup of carrots to add to my cauliflower before blending it (I use a hand blender) and it still tasted just as good. With my hand blender I don't add any liquid just blend it up until it's mashed potato consistency and then I put some butter on it.
  • KBoddu
    KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is my 'Go To' veggie when I'm trying to stick to a lower carb diet. I make mashed cauliflower all the time. I add a bit of cream cheese to mine as well as a bit of butter & sour cream.

I also make cauliflower pizza crust & just tonight made cauliflower rice for the first time. Thats really yummy.