Options
  • abbigailwall
    abbigailwall Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    <--- 5'8 and around 145, in October 2012.

I used to weigh about 170. Went through what I call the "post-partum got a divorce diet" and stayed around 130 for about 2 years.

Much happier and healthier at this weight though!

I do CrossFit 2-3 times a week and am training for a half marathon. I've gained 3-4 pounds since starting CrossFit but my body fat % has dropped from 24 to 21%. Clothes fit better than before (I'm a comfortable size 8). I'd love to ditch 5 more pounds before bikini season gets here (which for us, is March/April) but if I can trade it for muscle, I'm good that way too!
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and a half. 172. 45 years old. At my fittest, I was 160 (about 2 years ago). Got detracted by some medical issues and injuries and now I'm trying to get back to 160 and be as close to that fitness level as I can. 150 might be nice, but anything below that I'm pretty sure I'd look like a skeleton.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I am a bit taller at 5'9", but I figure I would share anyhow. :)

Heaviest weight was 267 lbs (I think both before pics were actually taken at 10 lbs lost too! ahh!!) Current weight is 205.6 lbs. The swimsuit pic was taken at about 214 lbs and the denim mini was a few days ago :)

35lzwqs.jpg

av6hk1.jpg

I have found success by drinking at least 8 cups of water a day, cutting out all full sugar sodas, trying to keep my diet protein rich, and squeezing in some sort of exercise 6 days a week. My favorite exercise has been the stationary bike. I know they get a bad rep but I make sure to go very very fast... about 120-130 RPM for at least 30 minutes a day on either the "rolling hills" setting or the "pikes peak" setting :):) I have recently discovered the stair treadmill, which I have really liked so far!
  • carolyn000000
    carolyn000000 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    5'8 and 178 pounds. I am very fit and work out 6 days a week and am a US size 12. In my profile pic I was 183 and the dress I am wearing in the pic is a 14. It is nice to see pics of people the same height , so I know what I might look like! My goal is 165. If you click on my profile pic you will see my before pic at 207. I was a size 16.
  • Staceyrich02
    Staceyrich02 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    you guys look awesome...
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and i currently weight 243. My goal weight is 175. I'm large framed and when I'm at that weight I wear a size 12 some 14's. I gained weight after my miscarriage and my divorce. But things are looking up for me! I've lost 4 lbs so far but I hope to get to my goal by August! Good luck and blessings to everybody! :)

I'm also 5'8" and started at 242-I'm down to about 175 and feel amazing! You can do it!!!!
  • pinkstay
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 27, and have 2 kids. I currently weigh 144 and wear a size 7/8. Some of these were pictures I took for my 8 week Turbofire results and I weighed 149 then (2 1/2 weeks ago). I weighed 235 during both pregnancies and was still 215 when my youngest was over a year old in Nov 2009 when I decided to take control of my health and lose the weight. It took me about 6 months to lose 55lbs and I had maintained around 160 ever since. I kind of fell off the exercise and healthy eating wagon about 9 months ago though and was just feeling run down and looking flabby. I started an amazing workout program called Turbofire on 11/12/12 and have lost 17 lbs and toned up all over.
    Good luck to you all on your health and fitness journeys! :flowerforyou:
    I can't find any full body before pics...
    29e216c.png
    j5fgjc.png

WOW! what an amazing transformation!!!! You look amazing, healthy, and happy!!! This is such an inspiration to me, at 5'8 and 216 cw! my goal is 140 and I wasnt sure if it was really attainable while being healthy looking... but WOW!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • MissMdM
    MissMdM Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    im just starting my journey. im 5'8

highest weight was 206
    gw is 130

currently im 194

cannot wait to start feeling good about myself again
  • wtfitsbecky
    wtfitsbecky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite a success story yet! But I'm slowly on my way :) I'm around 5'9 - and started at around 220 pounds. I now weigh in at around 193 pounds.
  • SPAstrop
    Options
    Also 5'8 and just started my weight loss; hoping to lose 30lbs. But I must admit I do need advice or support:)
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have not taken specific before pictures or started on progress shots (it has only been a few weeks) but I have seen a difference in candid shots.

I really like the website My Body Gallery to get a real sense of how my dimensions can look - http://www.mybodygallery.com/. I think it is important for me to learn that height/weight/BMI alone will not determine whether I look and feel great.

This site also helped me with re-setting my expectations, if I am of above average height, why am I setting weight goals intended for those of average or below average height.
  • SPAstrop
    Options
    Oh any advice on successful workouts? And tips on the food? I feel like I have the food down and kind of the exercise but I feel I can use some work since I'm new at this weight loss attempt. Help the noobie!
  • makobeach
    Options
    I'm 5'9 so figured I still might be of some help! I have been doing two days a week sometimes 3 of 500 calorie (fasting) days, and 1000 calories on the others, sometimes once a week a 2000 calorie day. I walk for an hour about 3 times a week and run half an hour three times a week. I lost 14 pounds initially over a couple of months and have upped my calorie intake slightly so am resting at an overall 11 pound loss (123 pounds). Drastic, but it works!
  • makobeach
    Options
    I want to tone up like you vjohn, what's your workout routine?
  • kmk_natasha
    Options
    I think 140 to 160 is good. 150 is my goal, but I was 135 in HS.
  • ShellysRoad
    ShellysRoad Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    5'8 here too and working for success
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!