true or false? 350-400 calorie meals

Options
I read that your body cannot metabolize more than 350-400 calories in one meal. Or else the excess calories are stored as fat. Is this true or false? I try to eat 3 meals a day around that mark and the rest as 150-200 calorie snacks. I'm three weeks in to following "Dan's roadmap". My weight is not dropping but my body fat % is !?!

Replies

• ghostwor1d
    ghostwor1d Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've never heard that. I think it has more to do with the types of calories you're eating. Then again, eating 400 calories of plain chicken breast would be pretty hard, while eating 400 calories of refined carbs is pretty easy.
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    False. And who cares if it's stored as fat?
  • BLMarlborough2
    Options
    Probably it will be stored as fat, as all excess calories are. But our bodies are ALWAYS storing and burning fat. In the end, as long as by the end of the day, or week, you have a calorie deficit, you will have burned excess fat.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you read it but it's false. Eat however much you want... Whenever you want.
  • Neechi43
    Options
    I've heard similar numbers in the past -- almost always in conjunction with the 30g of protein is all your body can absorb at one time theory. My personal opinion is that this is bro-science at best - at worst it is based on some very calculated manipulation of some questionable studies by supplement manufacturers in order to move product. Before the flaming commences - please note that I said "My personal opinion"
    At the end of the day, most of my meals are in the 600-750 calorie range and contain over 50g of protein each. This is what works for me - YMMV
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    What?! I eat 400-500 calorie breakfasts and seem to be doing just fine.