Having trouble eating enough for my goal today, Help!

Options
billsica
billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
3545 calories today, how do you do it? I am going to have multiple peanut butter sandwiches and maybe a beer tonight. What do you eat in these situation were you just cant eat enough for your daily goal?
I look at some of the other threads, and I see things like peanut butter or an avocado. But one avocado is only 140 calories. I don't even like them that much.
What are you eating?

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If it's a one-off or rare occurance, I don't worry too much about being under. If I fancy a spluge on a takeaway or something then I will, but if not, it's not the end of the world.

If it was a regular occurance, I would just have to adjust to bigger portions, more frequent eating and lots of calorie dense foods (cheese, nuts, red meat, olive oil...) Even those cartons of fresh orange juice and stuff have quite a lot of calories!
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I seriously just struggled with this last night! I ate cereal with milk. Sandwiches are good, too. Today I corrected that problem by eating a higher calorie breakfast and lunch. I was feeling so sluggish last night after an over 1000 calorie burn yesterday and not enough calories eaten!

Typically I do not agree with drinking your calories--but whats one beer, right!?
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Chinese food for lunch, pizza and beer for dinner. You're welcome.

Oh, and pie.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I seriously just struggled with this last night! I ate cereal with milk. Sandwiches are good, too. Today I corrected that problem by eating a higher calorie breakfast and lunch. I was feeling so sluggish last night after an over 1000 calorie burn yesterday and not enough calories eaten!

Typically I do not agree with drinking your calories--but whats one beer, right!?

Or six.

I have to push the banana bread beer. I'm in love. Don't tell my fiancee.
  • billsica
    Options
    Ok, Pizza, beer and pie sounds good so far. Really I could have a round day. I'm thinking of adding a big mac into the mix too.
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    wow, what did you do for exercise to get that high a caloric intake?
  • RosClark
    Options
    How are you all managing to have so many calories to eat? Can't see how you can lose weight eating that much. How much exercise do you do? I do at least 1 exercise class ie. body attack a day if not 2 but only gain a couple of hundred extra calories for each. Am I going wrong somewhere?
  • stackhsc
    Options
    oh, and if you like pb, take a look for the oreo peanutbutter brownies that someone posted, theyd be good for 400 or so a piece lol
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Stop eating. That's usually what
    I do because part of this is training my mind and body to stop eating when I'm not hungry. Otherwise, I have almonds (plain) or PB, or a whey protein isolate powder mixed with water.
  • billsica
    Options
    I ran a 10k today. So it was just running today.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i burned 3k calories by doing 3-4 hours of intense cardio twice last week and didn't even bother eating back the calories. i ate a regular meal and wasn't hungry after that.
  • stackhsc
    Options
    10k is what like 1000 cal?
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I've just had a peanut butter on wholemeal bread sandwich for my dinner and it was very nice!!! I'd like to know how on earth you have such a high calorie allowance???!!! If it's through earning calories through exercise then, personally, I wouldn't eat them.....
  • ApexLeader
    Options
    everyone is telling you to eat crap but you should stick with just eating good food but with high nutrient densities.
  • ApexLeader
    Options
    10k is what like 1000 cal?

like 600-1200 depending on how large you are
  • billsica
    Options
    My gps phone rates it at 1300 calories.
  • stackhsc
    Options
    yeah thats what i was figuring, just 3500 seems high, thats all. I'm jealous is all, i'm around the same weight and at 1600 cals a day reduced, so a 2000 cal gap seems huge.

as for the crap part, some crap is ok, calories are calories as long as its a once in a while thing, sure eating crap all the time is bad but eating it once in a while isn't a horrible thing
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Let's see...eat some healthy things sure..like a salad..whatevers. Get in your protein shakes.

And then...feast.....burgers...bacon...cake....ice cream....beer...BAM!

Everything in moderation :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:

And don't be afraid to eat those exercise calories back if you want :D Wooooo :bigsmile:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    3545 calories today, how do you do it? I am going to have multiple peanut butter sandwiches and maybe a beer tonight. What do you eat in these situation were you just cant eat enough for your daily goal?
    I look at some of the other threads, and I see things like peanut butter or an avocado. But one avocado is only 140 calories. I don't even like them that much.
    What are you eating?

you're just being silly. you already know the answer.

http://news.foodfacts.info/2008/09/top-20-pizza-chains.html
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    What are you eating?

you're just being silly. you already know the answer.

http://news.foodfacts.info/2008/09/top-20-pizza-chains.html

Oooo...I so suggest CPK...they have such great food..and these creamy fruity alcoholic drinks that are very dangerous. :glasses: