Weird tracking question-please don't judge

Options
I know it's going to sound weird but a few years ago I heard that sex can burn alot of calories but how many? And How in the world would you track them on here? lmafo
If I remember corectly it had a certain number of calories per half hour of both moderate effort(lol) and High effort(lol) :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Replies

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Last week Dr. Oz said an average person should burn 200-300 in 30 minutes. But because most are unfit it takes 61 minutes to burn between that same amount. And you burn more on your back. Hope that helps.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I burned like 300 last night, Nic! Maybe even more!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It will be quite hard to judge, probably in the range of 100 to 400 calories per half hour, but there are so many variables to actually get close to the right amount. Try wearing a Heat Rate Monitor during it, to get your caloric burn.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    lol :happy: I just count it as extra and don't track it. ^_^
  • mlove1307
    mlove1307 Posts: 151
    Options

Yeah! A little extra something that will help you reach your goals better! I like the sound of that. I never thought of tracking sex, kinda goes into the lifestyle category in my mind.. Not that I'm doing that professionally or anything. :tongue:
  • aippolito1
    Options
    Yeah! A little extra something that will help you reach your goals better! I like the sound of that. I never thought of tracking sex, kinda goes into the lifestyle category in my mind.. Not that I'm doing that professionally or anything. :tongue:

haha I agree. I don't have hot, extremely strenuous sex every night so it just fits into my activity level, I think. :happy:
  • sweetrevenge
    sweetrevenge Posts: 188
    Options
    I wouldn't track that just because sex is a totally normal part of life that you were doing before you started dieting anyway (well I'm assuming), but if you do want to track it, just go to google and type in "how many calories burned during sex". You will get a ton of websites and they will allow you to put in your age, height, weight and length of "activity" and it will give you an estimate. I actually was curious about this a couple of weeks ago when I thought I may go over my calories and my bf oh so lovingly suggested that he could help. Funny as it was, it made sense and I looked it up. But as any other activity, your going to burn different amounts based on your weight. Hope this helps.
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It will be quite hard to judge, probably in the range of 100 to 400 calories per half hour, but there are so many variables to actually get close to the right amount. Try wearing a Heat Rate Monitor during it, to get your caloric burn.

Mental image of the sexiness of having nookies while wearing my chest strap...
    "Wait honey, I gotta start the exercise tracking part of my HRM!"
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Not that I'm doing that professionally or anything. :tongue:

So I can't do it professionally after I lose 100lbs? :-( 105?
  • aippolito1
    Options
    Mental image of the sexiness of having nookies while wearing my chest strap...
    "Wait honey, I gotta start the exercise tracking part of my HRM!"

lol!! My boyfriend & I talked about this just last week. He was like "How many calories are you burning? Do you need your pedometer?" I was like, "No, I would need a heart rate monitor with a strap." He looked at me like, "Oh HELL no!" lol
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    lol. I was just curious, not sure if I would ever really track it but I did look it up and found a really funny website that ya'll might like

http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/csex.htm

When I read it to FI we both started cracking up
  • AliStar
    AliStar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't see how you would burn more on your back. On top you can work yourself into wonderful sweaty exhaustion.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You can look it up on Calories per hour.com They have a list of activities that is amazing - sex is on the list in varying, ahem, intensities. Have fun!
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    I also found another one that even had the amounts for locations and others.

http://calorielab.com/news/2008/02/12/calories-burned-during-sex/
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Last week Dr. Oz said an average person should burn 200-300 in 30 minutes. But because most are unfit it takes 61 minutes to burn between that same amount. And you burn more on your back. Hope that helps.

I'll admit I can be a little lazy in bed. :laugh: :blushing:

But... I'm very skeptical that an average sized person would be burning 300 calories in 30 minutes. I could stand to lose at least 40 more pounds and I only burn about 300-400 calories with 30 minutes of running 6-7mph (and I'm SHORT so that's really fast for me). And WHAT are you supposed to be doing on your back that burns that many calories? :noway:

I *definitely* don't put that same amount of effort into doin' it for 30 minutes straight. :tongue: Sorry, bf!
  • oliveoil7979
    oliveoil7979 Posts: 112
    Options
    So funny! I actullay typed "sex" into the exersize database the other night. I thought if mowing the lawn was there...why wouldn't this be there? :laugh:

I am so glad I am not the only one to have this thought.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am offended and appalled.
  • trollorbust
    trollorbust Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I added sex to my exercises a long time ago... I don't remember what website i got it off of but it was 5 cal a minute... You might as well get some credit.. :) I figure if that is my only work out for the day.. at least it counts!