Help with cardio!!

Options
Does anyone have any ideas for a cardio work-out that will burn a good amount of calories? i prefer to do work-outs that require minimum equipment and i don't have the money to join classes or a gym. Right now i walk and jog around my block, however it is hard to track because i don't know my speed or distance that i go; all i have is timing. The equipment i have at home right now is a trampoline, a balance ball, free hand weights, a stationary bike, and a wii (which i have a few games for). i just need assistance on finding a better cardio work-out that will burn calories and fat as well as make it easy to track on mfp. thank you!!!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    running is one of the best calorie burners. Try recording your distance with your car, if you have one, by driving around your running route. Then run that course and time yourself then you can calculate how fast you went if you know how long you ran for and how far you ran.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    oops double post
  • StargazrgirL
    StargazrgirL Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try the boxing on the Wii. I did it and was sweating in no time. I even get my husband to play with me to keep him active. I've had friends who do the aerobics on the Wii and lost over 50 pounds.

You can also estimate your pace with walking/jogging/running. That's what I do since I take my lunch hour and walk outside instead of at the gym. Helps get a tan too :) I pretty much know the pace and once in a while get on the treadmill to make sure I'm pacing myself with the different speeds.

Anyways, just some thoughts, but any exercise is better than no exercise!

Keep it up!
  • newbierun14
    newbierun14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy running and jogging a great website is mapmyrun.com. Membership is free and it allows you to map the distance of your runs and log them. They use google maps, so you can see terrain and street names, which makes it really simple. In addition, if you live in a hilly neighborhood like I do, it lets you see the elevation of the run. I've been using that site for a few months and really like it!
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I use Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Boot Camp. I use adjustable weights and one day cardio next day boot camp. Sometimes I use the weights and sometime I don't. I logged them in as aerobics, general. Currently I am on the main program plus another 10 or 15 min. Cardio Max has week 1-2, week 3-4 (which I am on) and week 1-4 which is all 3 of the workouts. Same with the boot camp. These are still low impact. I also use Melt It Off! program by Mitch Gaylord (Olympic gymnast) but I don't have enough time in the morning to do the whole routine. He uses a G-ball and I ordered the 2lb. and use my 4 lbs. weights for more strength.:flowerforyou:
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    Options
    google maps will tell you your distance
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Running is great cardio to burn a ton of calories. You can go to mapmyride.com and create a route to give you an estimate of how far you run or walk. The speed is an issue but you could calculate it by how long it takes you to do 1 mile.

Good Luck.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    www.mapmyrun.com

They have a free app that can show how far you run. Then time yourself.
  • scha
    scha Posts: 2
    Options
    Or you could go by a nearby middle school/high school/college and use their track meet.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!!! the websites were a big help!