Steak and Cheese Sub - How To Count

Options
I will be having only 1/2 of a steak and cheese sub tomorrow at a restaurant that is not listed in the database. It is not a Philly Cheesesteak so can't go there. Not sure how to count that. I found Homemade Steak Sub but that seemed low. How would you count that? Thanks!!

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Search for individual ingredients instead of the name of the dish or item. You'll have to estimate how much of each ingredient is on the sandwich which, while not ideal, is better than nothing.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the restaurant will have it's own calorie listing. Did you try that yet?
  • jpell420
    Options
    There has to be something similar from a chain restaurant. Just use their info as a substitute for a good approximation.

... Subway has a steak and cheese sub.
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I would count that with a lot of extra zeros at the end! :wink:
  • gardenbird
    gardenbird Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi - I did try as a local restaurant but it was not there. It's just a hometime restaurant but this sub is awesome and I have been craving this crazy sub for weeks now and I got one of my friends to split one with me so it won't be so bad - Hope I don't have to add lots of zeros on the end LOL!
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I google "the average calories in ___________" and round up. I have a place like that were I live, they don't offer a nutrition chart but they are sooo goood! I generally get their pizza or their pizza steak sub. Lord it's yummers.
  • gardenbird
    gardenbird Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you aakokopelli7! I just Googled it the way you suggested. I never thought to do that LOL. Wow this little indulgence is going to cost me ALOT. Good thing I will be only having half of it! It's ok though, that will be enough to get the craving out of my system for awhile. Thank you again and thanks to all :smile: