Having a bath hurts my bum :-(

Options
2»

Replies

• jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I don't remember ever having that problem, even in high school when I was 125 lbs. But I was a soccer player w strong glutes then, so maybe the muscle mass helped :-) Of course, I also tend to recline in the tub. Are you literally sitting?
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Omg, i'm not the only one! I barely have any muscle, especially in my bum, so it's kinda flat and saggy-ish.... = / Gross.....And it's like I'm sitting on bone........I can't sit on hard surfaces.
  • alexisu96
    alexisu96 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am so confused, doesn't one float abit , therefore pressure off?. Never had this issue, but this baby got back,!
  • greyoutside
    Options
    I've totally been noticing this kind of thing lately! I don't take baths, but I notice that laying on my stomach hurts because of my hipbones and sitting too long on hard surfaces gets uncomfortable after a while.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Can't say it hurts but I sure do feel tailbone where I didn't before.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Do you squat? It can hurt to sit down after exercising your butt (glutes).
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Try getting a foam cushy pad inserted into your tub. They sell them at Target, Walmart, etc.

That said, I have a pretty bony butt, take baths every day, and haven't experienced this problem. I do have a pretty big tub though - large enough where I can stretch out...
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I too have this problem, and also when sitting on chairs.
  • veggieluver2
    veggieluver2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I was borderline anorexic. It's no longer a problem! I've got plenty of padding now.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the Only one lol maybe exercise then, or padding to sit on
    I'd say try exercise, yeah.

I'm 5'6" 130-135 and take lots of baths.
    Never noticed an issue.
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Lol, my wife told be i needed a brizallian butt lift. I lost what little cushion I had when I lost the weight. :laugh:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Even worse is my lower back/back of my pelvis bone. You can actually kind of see the bone poking out a bit so when I try to lean my back against the back of tub it hurts. I guess that's what happens when an actually big boned person loses weight lol.