Plateau Broken....FINALLY!

Options
After being at 168 for gosh knows how long, I weighed this morning...down almost another three pounds! I haven't weighed 165 in about four years....woot woot!
I was at around 1200 cal/day and not eating nearly enough of my exercise calories (I'd have 8-900 cal. left at the end of almost every day). I've upped my calories to around 1500/day, and lost two and a half lbs. in the past week!!

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    After being at 168 for gosh knows how long, I weighed this morning...down almost another three pounds! I haven't weighed 165 in about four years....woot woot!
    I was at around 1200 cal/day and not eating nearly enough of my exercise calories (I'd have 8-900 cal. left at the end of almost every day). I've upped my calories to around 1500/day, and lost two and a half lbs. in the past week!!
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    weldone i know how u feel
    i had the same problem for 2 weeks .....this morning i had lost 4lbs
    last night i was up to my quota but while i was out i had a treat of garlic mushrooms and onion ring :laugh:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thats the way to do it. Keep up the good work
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    WTG - GTO!!! :drinker:
  • turtle
    turtle Posts: 49
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so great to hear and is so inspiring! Is that how your supposed to break a plateau? I haven't budged on the scale for weeks and I'm getting kind of concerned.... At best its just a stuck spot that'll take a little time to get over, but at worst I'm sleep walking to the fridge and binging on those yummy weight watchers yogurts I stock up on..... (thoughtful pause)
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That is wonderful news!!! Congrats to you. I have been on a plateau myself for two weeks. I am afraid to up my cal. intake or to eat all my exercise cals. lately. Even though all that I have read tells me I should and why. But it looks like after reading your post today.... it will be just what I will be doing. Thanks for the reassurance.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I blew my diet over Mem Day and it helped break my plateau so now I am back to about 1 lb per week, which I am pleanty happy with.

Neome - Can I ask how tall you are? Just asking becaue I was looking at your ticker and noticed a goal weight of 90! It's really none of my business, :smile: but I was just curious.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Congrats sweetie!!!!party0011.gif
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    Congrats! I blew my diet over Mem Day and it helped break my plateau so now I am back to about 1 lb per week, which I am pleanty happy with.

Neome - Can I ask how tall you are? Just asking becaue I was looking at your ticker and noticed a goal weight of 90! It's really none of my business, :smile: but I was just curious.
    . . . I know the number seems a little scary but I am only 4' 11" with a petite bone structure. Once when I was picking up my oldest daughter from school ( 6th grade) a teacher tapped me on the shoulder from behind and asked me to line up with the rest of the students. LOL. :smile:
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • rachieb1013
    rachieb1013 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!

I myself just broke a 2 week plateau....lost 3 lbs and it feels great!!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Yippie for you!!! HOOORAY for sticking to it!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

I'm double posting here...

Great that you pointed this out. What type of workouts are you doing and for how long? This is helpful and encouraging! Thanks for sharing!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Woohoooo! Good for you!!!!!!

:drinker: Cheers to you!

-Tami
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I'm double posting here...
    Great that you pointed this out. What type of workouts are you doing and for how long? This is helpful and encouraging! Thanks for sharing!

I do 50 minutes on the elliptical, 5 or 6 days a week. I lift weights 3-4 times a week for 15-20 minutes each time. At least once a week I take my daughters to the local pool and splash around there:smile:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    WTG :flowerforyou: how's everything else going for ya?
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    WTG. Internet hi-five.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    GTO...I'm curious...you said that you would have 800 or 900 calories left over at the end of every day. How many calories were you burning? And now that you upped your calories to 1500, don't you have even more calories left over? How are you handling that?

I'm inspired by your post...just wanted more details!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    GTO...I'm curious...you said that you would have 800 or 900 calories left over at the end of every day. How many calories were you burning? And now that you upped your calories to 1500, don't you have even more calories left over? How are you handling that?

I'm inspired by your post...just wanted more details!

I invested in a HRM to see how accurate my elliptical trainer's calorie counter was...and it was accurate to within 50 calories or so.
    In fifty minutes on the elliptical, I could burn upwards of 600 calories, plus I'm extremely anal about housecleaning so I would spend at least an hour doing that for at least another 200 cal. I wouldn't be eating those calories I earned and I paid for it. I would eat my 1200 but not the extra.
    When I upped my cal. to 1500, I just started eating some of my exercise calories, that's all.:flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!:flowerforyou: