Cardio DVD programme which is not boxing

Options
I'm really loving doing CE but now weather is rotten, I am not running so I'm looking for a cardio DVD programme. I get bored so like the idea of the multi- workout format of Turbofire but don't enjoy all the boxing stuff. Has anybody got any other suggestions please?

I'm not sure about Insanity as it might be too heavy on my knees ( I'm 47 and want to be careful). I also have looked at it and found it a bit repetitive.

Replies

• kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is awesome cardio. Sometimes I pop it in after CE.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    It's quite a lot of toning too isn't it? I was looking for something more cardio. Thanks anyway though.
  • tinkerbek
    tinkerbek Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy kickboxing so that's my go to video to do for cardio at home. However, i've been enjoying this zumba class much more than i thought i would the past 2 weeks. i'm planning on looking into a zumba video to buy for at home.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I love JM's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Amy Dixon's Breathless Body 2. Awesome pure cardio workouts...
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I've been looking at these and Tubifire and Taebo. They all seem very similar. I think I'm yearning for the old days of 'aerobics' videos which don't seem to be made any more. I suppose HIIT and boxing are found to be more effective so everyone is doing it
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Any other advice?
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Search collagevideo for Kathy Smith/Karen Voight's aerobics.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser's "Cardio Max Weight loss" workout is a killer. I just did it this morning and I'm still tired ;) I like it because the main section is @30 min and not too too tough, but there are two shorter sections you can add on which are hardcore.
    http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/the-biggest-loser-cardio-max-weight-loss-5920

I got a video called Star Trainers: Cardio which is...well, both good and bad, if you want my honest opinion BUT there are 6 totally different workouts with all different trainers on it, and I'd bet you can find a couple that you like. It's definitely more traditional aerobics.
    http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/star-trainers-cardio-7921

Here's another one I like, Cardio Abs. It's short but tough, and the DVD has an extra little tabata routine you can add on if you really want to lose your breath.
    http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/jessica-smiths-10-pounds-down-cardio-abs-6182

Collage is a great site to search for videos on. I'm a good little customer of theirs ;)
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Thanks very much. Ill take a look at them.
  • Zandia_1
    Zandia_1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Gilad's Quick Fit system is a little dated, but I love it because you don't do the same thing everyday and it's very easy on the knees.

I also just bought Zcut Power Cardio Series which has 12 different routines that are rotated for 90 days.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Gilad's Quick Fit system is a little dated, but I love it because you don't do the same thing everyday and it's very easy on the knees.

I also just bought Zcut Power Cardio Series which has 12 different routines that are rotated for 90 days.

Wow. The Zuka ones look intense
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You could also check out The Firm - they have some pretty decent workouts.

I never realized how many of my cardio DVDs incorporated kickboxing to some degree until you asked this...
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I know - why is it so popular????
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I know - why is it so popular????

well, I find it fun, and it is incredibly effective. It gets your arms and legs moving, incorporates a certain amount of core and balance work when you're lifting, twisting, kicking, etc, and effectively seems to work a large number of muscle groups. And it's easy to modify for high or low impact options so it can work for a large range of participants.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Makes sense. Maybe I just have to go with the flow!!!