PLEASE read. low intensity with significant results

Options
2»

Replies

• petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    spinning?

I hurt my knee playing tennis last year and I started taking spin classes. I explained to the instructor that I have a knee injury so I wouldn't go as intense as the rest of the class and since I can adjust the bike to suit my body/injury it made it a lot better but I still got a great work out! It really strengthen my knee plus it gave me amazing legs and butt. =)
  • LatoshaOnTheJourney
    Options
    Thanks!

I did them 4-5 times a week for about 2 years with daily walking (I was training to be an instructor.) The pictures you're looking at were taken about 5 months apart I believe.

It's all about patience. It happened slowly.

The Barre method is like 40+ per DVD.... what do you think of physique 57?? Its cheaper but looks super effective and it's low impact
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    How many pounds is a stone?

• nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Have you tried cycling? It is much easier on the knees.
  • Jellytotss
    Options
    I hurt my knee with insanity so I can not handle high intensity but I do want. To do workout DVDs that will have a significant impact on my body. I want to use the DVD but also get on my Treadmill and kind of setup a combo idea. Please show pics so i can see the results the DVD had for you. Thanks!!!!

Billy Blanks Tae Bo is really good! They give a good all over workout and theres no jumping around so low impact... I have a knee condition so cant do DVDs like the 30 day shred etc but have had no problem with Tae Bo at all! :)
  • LatoshaOnTheJourney
    Options
    I don't like cycling.... I actually hate working out lol but since I have to do it..... haha
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I do Turbo Jam. Two of the instructors do low-impact modifications. I follow them since my left knee and foot can't handle any impact.

I've lost 48 pounds.
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    I do Turbo Jam. Two of the instructors do low-impact modifications. I follow them since my left knee and foot can't handle any impact.

I've lost 48 pounds.

I haven't lost that much, but I can attest that Turbo Jam is a great workout and does provide low impact modifications for everything. I just did Turbo Sculpt yesterday (without the mods) and I definitely feel it in my butt when I walk around or squat to pick something up.
  • bdtyson77302
    bdtyson77302 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Prevention Magazine Better Belly Yoga. I've lost 42 pounds. It's very easy (no difficult poses at all) and it makes you feel great!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I lost 40lbs in 4 months just by walking and logging food and staying close to my cals, eating some exercise cals back if I was hungry. No, you wont look like a body builder, but you'll lose fat. Try to stay in the mid to upper range of your maximum heart rate.