Super filling-low calorie foods?

I'm just starting with MFP and the hardest part is staying within the allowed calorie allotment. Until my body adjusts to the calorie range, what are some suggestions for the most filling foods I can eat so I'm not always wanting more?

Replies

• lippygidg
    lippygidg Posts: 68 Member
    oatmeal , cottage cheese , apples , almonds, just to name a few :)
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    dill pickles
    pickled hot peppers
    low cal yougurt
  • kmccoy77
    kmccoy77 Posts: 1 Member
    I found that a variety of lettuces and the mini sweet peppers are great, especially with any of the great tasting low calorie Bolthouse Yogurt dressings. I also found 100% Natural Campbell's Light soups are great!
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    all bran buds
  • stinkinstone
    stinkinstone Posts: 34 Member
    I add a handful of raw radishes to a lot of meals and snacks. Buky, filling and tasty.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    I add a handful of raw radishes to a lot of meals and snacks. Buky, filling and tasty.

This sounds yummy! Greek yogurt is one of my faves.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Veggie stir-fry, throw in some meat for a complete meal.
  • ladyinredflush
    ladyinredflush Posts: 72 Member
    broccoli!! It's also one of the best things you can eat...lots of nutritional benefits.
  • ramonaquimby
    ramonaquimby Posts: 55 Member
    I suggest lentils, wheat berries, tempeh, an apple with a tablespoon of almond butter, chickpeas (roasted, curried, mashed, etc), stove-top roasted brussel sprouts, and low fat cottage cheese with a scrambled egg and egg whites.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 633 Member
    Oatmeal with fruit on top is very filling....I add a bit of cinnamon, heat up, mix a bit of skim milk in and it fills me up for the morning.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    oatmeal. i can have an oatmeal and yogurt breakfast and then play three hours of golf on foot with no problem. it's almost supernatural, lol.

my great great aunt used to say : "Oats are good for what ails ye." i agree.
  • waxedout
    waxedout Posts: 2 Member
    That sounds like it would work for me - thanks
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    High fiber foods really fill you up. I detest raw veggies but I make really great veggie soups. Cream of cauliflower with no cream made with nonfat milk, variety of veggies with a couple kinds of beans, always lots of spices basil, black pepper, etc. My new go to is Greek yogurt plain nonfat with some splenda and a box of sugar free jello pudding. Like the most sinful cheesecakes!!!!
  • lizznagelmiller
    lizznagelmiller Posts: 54 Member
    Try the light progresso soups they are delish and very filling :)
  • TracyBarrett81
    TracyBarrett81 Posts: 24 Member
    Water!! The days I feel like I am hungry are the ones when I haven't been drinking a lot of water.
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    apples, peanut butter, yogurt, and water! depending on your starting weight, protein shakes might be an option. a good casein protein shake may have 130-150 calories in it, but it takes longer to break down so it keeps you fuller longer. i use protein shakes to supplement my daily diet now because i have a lot of weight to lose and have a high calorie allotment. once i weigh less and have fewer calories, i'll start cutting those out.
  • soup is awesome! most fruits and vegetables are really low in calories, high in fiber, and take a while to eat (since they usually require a lot of chewing). Peanut butter, while not particularly low cal is very helpful with feeling satisfied. Sometimes no matter what you eat u just wanna go nutz, at those times it's best to get out of the kitchen! nothing will fill you up then.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    it depends. bananas, pretzels with mustard, yogurt, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, flavored tuna..
  • Me too! especially when I am craving something sweet. Drink a glass of water and the craving for sugar goes away.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    High fiber foods really fill you up. I detest raw veggies but I make really great veggie soups. Cream of cauliflower with no cream made with nonfat milk, variety of veggies with a couple kinds of beans, always lots of spices basil, black pepper, etc. My new go to is Greek yogurt plain nonfat with some splenda and a box of sugar free jello pudding. Like the most sinful cheesecakes!!!!

Good info. High fiber anything. Watch the sodium skyrocket with pickles and canned soups, though! And look out for added sugar in any yogurts, cereals, etc.

I really like fiber one honey clusters. Very filling, low sugar.