I need Help?

Options
Hello Everyone,
I need some advice from everyone, I'm 34 and 118lb my goal weight is around 105 to 107 with good muscle tone, but i've hit a plateau, I just started back up mfp in jan and i cant seem to lose any weight. I've gone from 1200 cals to 1500 then back down 1300 cals, i dont know if i should be eating my exercise cals back, and i think my diet is off. but I didnt know if anyone had suggestions of what i should or should not be eating in my diet and if i need to burn more cals.
I do have 1 cheat day a week where we get a pizza i eat about 3 slices but i try to eat good the rest of the week, My diary is open can i get some good advice please?

Replies

• maryrackliffe
    Options
    Good Evening

I just rejoined MFP as well. I also do WW through my work and the last 2 weeks I have plateaued and my leader recommended to watch my calorie intake therefore I am back on MFP. She also advised to watch the amount of carbs. Even through the may be in your calorie intake the carbs are the hardest to burn off.

She also advised that on a night that you know is going to be a high carb night to add it to a night with high protein.

Just a suggestion!

Good Luck.
  • tamerica07
    tamerica07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 1" Pu_239

I also diff need to incorporate more protein in my diet, I was reading on weightlifting sites and i thin i need about 1 gram of protein per pound of bw so i upped my protein to 130 grams on fitness pal but have reached to goal yet!
  • bchrist110
    Options
    Okay so I have been lifting/building muscle and burning off body fat for many years. The most important thing to do is obviously make sure your eating 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. The second is to make sure that you are consuming the correct amount of calories for your specific body weight and activity level. This is the formula that I use for myself, just use a calculator and add up the amount of calories:

10 calories per pound of desirable body weight if you are sedentary or very obese
    13 calories per pound of desirable body weight if your activity level is low, or if you are over age 55
    15 calories per pound of desirable body weight if you regularly do moderate activity
    18 calories per pound of desirable body weight if you regularly do strenuous activity

Make sure that your eating about 6 meals a day, consuming whey protein post workout. Sometimes you'll have to cut off some calories and experiment until you really find the right amount that your supposed to be eating. It took me about 5 months to find my correct calorie needs, as everyones body burns calories differently. Also mess around with the carbs, fats protein percentage that your consuming. Right now I am at 40% protein and carbs and 20% fats. Good luck and I hope my advice helps in some way.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    All I can say besides you might be eating too many calories for your height is that I wish I weighed 118. Good job for that!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    If you use the calories MFP tells you to eat, then yes, eat your exercise calories, but only if they are reliable. If you use MFP's numbers for calories burned, they may not be correct.

How many days do you exercise? You might be happier figuring your TDEE and then deciding how many calories you can eat by taking a 15 or 20% cut from there. Protein is important if you want to maintain muscle mass, but you really don't have to eat 130g for that as small as you are. Only need to be careful of carbs if you have a health issue, but they do cause some water retention, so if you can eat protein and healthy fats instead, you might lose more. Exercise also makes you retain some water, so take a rest day every now and then.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    How long were you on 1200 for. How long were you on 1500 for and how much exercise are you doing?

5"2, 118lbs, 47 yr old female, workout 6 or 7 days a week and am losing at 1650 so I don't think 1500 was wrong for you unless you were doing VERY little exercise.
  • tamerica07
    Options
    ok i try to workout 3 to 5 days a week, i sometimes do a fitness dvd like insanity or p90x or taebo, and sometimes run, i work out with my husband 2 to 3 times lifting weights. i wear a hrm, the only thing my hr is slow i have worn my hr monitor around for a while and when im siting watching tv my hr is in the 50's and when i workout like doing the insanity i might burn 300 cals maybe i don't know if thats good or bad.
    i only did 1200 cals for about 2 weeks but that is hard to do, so i upped it 1500 for about a week and i stayed the same weight still so went back down to 1300 yesterday.
    I did the TDEE i think that thing said i should be eating 1950 or something maybe i didnt figure my mins right or something i dont know!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is around 1900 so it sounds correct.

You didn't stay at 1500 long enough for it to start dropping is all. 1560 is what you could eat and lose with a 20% deficit.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    ok i try to workout 3 to 5 days a week, i sometimes do a fitness dvd like insanity or p90x or taebo, and sometimes run, i work out with my husband 2 to 3 times lifting weights. i wear a hrm, the only thing my hr is slow i have worn my hr monitor around for a while and when im siting watching tv my hr is in the 50's and when i workout like doing the insanity i might burn 300 cals maybe i don't know if thats good or bad.
    i only did 1200 cals for about 2 weeks but that is hard to do, so i upped it 1500 for about a week and i stayed the same weight still so went back down to 1300 yesterday.
    I did the TDEE i think that thing said i should be eating 1950 or something maybe i didnt figure my mins right or something i dont know!
    If your TDEE is 1950, then you can either subtract 500 to lose a pound a week or you can take a 20% cut, and eat a little more. And a week isn't long enough to tell whether 1500 was going to work. I think it sounds about right, but I don't get 1950 for your TDEE at 3-5 exercise days per week. I only get 1822, so maybe 1350?
  • tamerica07
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help, I'm going to try a 1300 cal diet for a While and see how that does but diff incorporate more protein