I almost lost him...

Almost a month ago now my father was admitted to the ICU. He had been told to watch his weight...knew how his own father struggled and ultimately paid with his life. He labored on like nothing was wrong...until it almost killed him too. Now he has finger sticks, pills, and insulin shots to look forward to for the rest of his days. We still don't even know the impact his neglect has had on his body, his heart, his life span...

He motivated me to get back on track. To make positive changes in my life for my health so that my kids will never know the fear of almost losing a parent. I have to succeed...I WILL succeed...because the life is to short to live it in fear.

Replies

• ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    That's so scary! :-/ I'm glad that this has motivated you to really make a push in the right direction. You WON'T regret getting healthy!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    You can do it..sometimes it just takes something like that in my life to make us turn ours around. They trick it to be patient..
  • Good luck to you (and your father). I wish you the best. Looks like you have a few reasons to be healthy, based on your photo. It's worth it!
  • Thank you all! Just have to keep looking forward...keep moving forward...til I've left the old me behind.