scales

Options
digital or standard? which is more accurate?

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I just went from standard to digital and love it!! Wouldn't go back.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I have digital and I love it!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    we have a digital and love it! super accurate!!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

Tape measure is the most accurate.

I have a digital scale because it is easier to read but I'm trying to use it once a month and rely on measurements so I don't get discouraged.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

I have a digital scale because it is easier to read but I'm trying to use it once a month and rely on measurements so I don't get discouraged.

^ This. The scale is great for the rough out work but if you're also strength training it's critical to use the tape measure. Well that and old jeans never lie!
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    digital - i just got a nice one on amazon and it seems to be very accurate and also very reasonable. EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale w/ 400 lb. Capacity & Auto Recognition Technology ( 54.95)
  • Mommagoose4
    Mommagoose4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Go with one that does BF% - BM% & BW%.
    B'c I have been doing the whole scale thing for months - not a huge difference
    Until today when I got a good scale -- then I saw that the scale hadn't moved a huge amount but my body fat had gone down 26.29 lbs of PURE FAT in 3 months & I had gained 18 lbs of pure muscle -
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options

This,plus I see how my clothes fit.That's a good gauge for me :)
  • sugarfree123
    sugarfree123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Use tape measure and fat calipers. I just saw a picture of a really hot looking young lady. She is 5ft 10 inches. Looks like she would weigh about 120 maybe 130 lbs. But she weighs 190lbs. Really. I'm not sure what scales are good for.
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    Scale is good...it is one measurement among others to guide ones journey.
    Wondering what brand....there are so many out there!
    I need help in this area as well, I am using a scale I got 21 years ago....YIKES!!!!!!
    Maybe it is off by 20lbs? Ha!
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    My scale is digital, but when it doesnt show a loss, I result to the tape measure. I have added what I measure from what is listed on MFP.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Why yes, I do want to boycott mine.

:wink:

I had a standard and went digital.
  • ChanaRo
    ChanaRo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a digital, but I have no idea whether it's accurate...I can get on it and it says one thing, get off and get RIGHT BACK ON and get a different weight! I do this a few times and finally decide whichever weight I see twice is the one I'll count. So weird. And we aren't talking a couple of ounces different...it can give me 2 or 3 readings that are four or five pounds different. So basically I have no idea what I weigh. I'm just relying on the tape measure and how my clothes fit...and how I feel.
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Have to disagree! The digital scale my hubby and I bought was terribly inaccurate! It was constantly malfunctioning! It never added up with what we read at the Dr.'s office. We got a standard a few days ago, and it is perfect! It is a little more difficult to read, but it is totally accurate with the Dr.'s readings!
  • lostemt
    lostemt Posts: 152 Member
    Options

yup I agree. My scale went flying a long time ago