new girl here

Options
Hello I'm a college student trying to shed some weight. I don't have time or energy to work out because school and work takes up my time. My husband and I are going to try to start a family in may so I'm wanting motivation to lose 20lbs by watching what I eat. Like I said after I do my 4-5 hours of homework a day Im too exhausted to go work out.. please add me thank you

Replies

• himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello. You sound busy. I work and go to school full time also. Although it may be challenging to find time to exercise it has many benefits including improved cardiovascular and pulmonary function. It will also help u lose weight faster and de-stress. The firm makes a series of dvds called the firm express which consists of 20 minute workouts. They're all pretty good and I use them when pressed for time. Good luck.
  • beloved0922
    beloved0922 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Losing weight is 80% what you eat so you can be completely successful by only changing your diet. The workouts increase strength, lean muscle, energy and help me have better control over what I am eating. (i still need help sayign no to cookies...yum!) I'm happy to add you, just know that if you stop logging and aren't supportive I will delete you. You can do this! consistency, discipline, motivation!!!
  • orangelobster
    Options
    I work full time, and school part time. I read/study on the treadmill, exercise on my lunch hour at work or early morning, study during breaks, carry my study notes everywhere and snatch time here and there.
    I do what I have to do.

I believe that diet will only take you so far, you have to exercise as well...even if it is only a brisk walk
  • Brenda83Fall
    Options
    I just started this today.. A few girls from my work told me about MFP and so here i am. Feel free to add me.
  • lilybear2010
    Options
    Yea I'm just mentally and physically drained after I do my work.. ive been logging what i eat since Monday. I know I can do this its gonna take a while
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,900 Member
    Options
    Hi there, if you can' t find the time to work out you can "step it up". Park further away and walk fast. Walk like you are always in a hurry. To classes, into the store, etc. Make every movement count. Good luck.
  • beloved0922
    beloved0922 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    "like"
    Hi there, if you can' t find the time to work out you can "step it up". Park further away and walk fast. Walk like you are always in a hurry. To classes, into the store, etc. Make every movement count. Good luck.