I didn't feel guilty - I WORKED OUT.

Options
My uncle is in town and we all went out to eat at this awesome Tex-Mex restaurant by my house. I usually will gorge myself on chips and salsa and order a 2 enchilada plate and devour all of it. Instead, I only ate a few chips. I got the enchiladas, but changed out the beans for seasonal vegetables to balance it out, and only ate 3/4 of both enchiladas and I was satisfied! I also drank water while everyone got margaritas, even though I was really tempted. Then to compensate, I did 20 minutes of kickboxing tonight after they left and I feel great. Gotta take it day by day!

I feel a whole lot better than I would have if I had eaten all of that food. :)

Anyone else have a great Saturday??

Replies

• elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! I had a great day....started a new food/life plan and managed to stay on track, even when we went to a Snowfest. All I smelled was soft pretzels, hot donuts, brats, popcorn and yummy, delicious, bad-for-you foods!! Stayed on track, though! Came home and had a cup of ginger peach hot tea instead. Hubby had a sandwich and I was fine!
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! I had a great day....started a new food/life plan and managed to stay on track, even when we went to a Snowfest. All I smelled was soft pretzels, hot donuts, brats, popcorn and yummy, delicious, bad-for-you foods!! Stayed on track, though! Came home and had a cup of ginger peach hot tea instead. Hubby had a sandwich and I was fine!

That's so great! Good for you! It is so difficult when surrounded by so much tempting food. Great job sticking with it! :)
  • elis_mama
    Options
    Thanks! Not gonna lie....it was TEMPTING!!! Lol!! The hot fresh donuts about knocked me over. :tongue:
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Good for you guys!! You both did great. I found out we are having company on Monday and paniced. I sucked down 6 tortillas. Jeez! I need to find a better way to deal with stress. I have a sprained knee and ankle so upping my exercise is not an option. I will just need to stay lean and mean tomorrow.
  • elis_mama
    Options
    Good for you guys!! You both did great. I found out we are having company on Monday and paniced. I sucked down 6 tortillas. Jeez! I need to find a better way to deal with stress. I have a sprained knee and ankle so upping my exercise is not an option. I will just need to stay lean and mean tomorrow.

Hang in there!!! We've all been there, for sure!! I'm by NO means a Saint!! Lol!!!! Just get right back on the wagon! Good luck on healing your injuries!!!!!
  • sugarlemonpie
    Options

I know what you mean! I started to eat the chips and had to stop myself, it was an uncomfortable day as I don't really like my uncle and didn't really want to go in the first place (he doesn't treat my parents right and also has a thing against 'fat' women). But I think the main thing is just keep your goal in mind and don't get distracted. It's so natural to fall back into habits so don't beat yourself up about it. Just learn from it and know for next time. :)
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
    You go girl!
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yup! Had fab days yesterday and today:) My bestfriend came over last night for dinner and as soon as I opened the door - she said "wow - you've lost weight". My father-in-law came over tonight for dinner and said "you've lost a lot of weight"...and both of them have seen me in the past two weeks!

I've worked out every day for the past 9 days (every second day or so before then) and eating quite well since January 1st. I'm only weighing myself at the end of each month, so I'm anxious to see my progress..I know I've gone down a pant size already..

Normally, after these comments I'd back off a bit from exercise and nutrition, but I was so stoked I went to the pool and swam laps!

Good job on working out after your family left - doesn't it feel great??!
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That, to me is one of the biggest things in this whole process. Realizing that, for the most part, it doesn't mean giving up your favorite foods or going out to eat with family. It just means being aware that even then, you have choices you can make and that some are better than others. That even if you make a worse choice, you pick yourself up, you get your butt to the gym, or to the park or the workout videos and work a little harder to burn off that mistake. Each day is a new day with new choices and rather than thinking of it as a diet, it's getting to the point of thinking of it as a series of choices in the right direction.

And yes, I had an awesome Saturday!!
  • sugarlemonpie
    Options
    Yup! Had fab days yesterday and today:) My bestfriend came over last night for dinner and as soon as I opened the door - she said "wow - you've lost weight". My father-in-law came over tonight for dinner and said "you've lost a lot of weight"...and both of them have seen me in the past two weeks!

I've worked out every day for the past 9 days (every second day or so before then) and eating quite well since January 1st. I'm only weighing myself at the end of each month, so I'm anxious to see my progress..I know I've gone down a pant size already..

Normally, after these comments I'd back off a bit from exercise and nutrition, but I was so stoked I went to the pool and swam laps!

Good job on working out after your family left - doesn't it feel great??!
    Wow that's amazing! Great job!! It's so awesome when other people say that, because then you know you're really making a difference. Awesome you went for a swim! You'll have to reward yourself with some new jeans soon! :)
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    well my trainer was sick and cancelled classes...but..I worked out anyway :)
    Nike+ trainer game is no joke!
  • sugarlemonpie
    Options
    Awesome! That, to me is one of the biggest things in this whole process. Realizing that, for the most part, it doesn't mean giving up your favorite foods or going out to eat with family. It just means being aware that even then, you have choices you can make and that some are better than others. That even if you make a worse choice, you pick yourself up, you get your butt to the gym, or to the park or the workout videos and work a little harder to burn off that mistake. Each day is a new day with new choices and rather than thinking of it as a diet, it's getting to the point of thinking of it as a series of choices in the right direction.

And yes, I had an awesome Saturday!!
    Thanks so much!! That is so true too. Just gotta take it day by day and think positively about it and make the right choices. :)
  • Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Today was my birthday, and the day of the week I let myself cheat a bit... NOT a good combo!! I totally blew out my day with food, but I don't regret it at all.... my ACCOMPLISHMENT today was that I did my Zumba when I got home anyway... the "old me" would've reasoned myself out of bothering... I mean.. 2300 calories over goal, why bother? It isn't like Zumba is going to erase all of that.... right??

But I did it anyway, and I even went a bit longer than I have been. I enjoyed my birthday and the 2 free desserts that came with it, and the steak, and the potato...and the full-power sodas (only 2).... and I Zumba'ed my butt off... well... not OFF... but it'll go eventually....
  • LupitaWins12
    Options
    Good job, that's what it's about!! I was tempted earlier too, but I managed to not give in...sweets are my trigger...!
  • kbogati
    kbogati Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i didnt do so well today. burgers fries, chocolate...and not used to that kind of food anymore, so feeling a little sick :/ but....for some reason this post actually made me feel a little better. think im gonna go put in tae bo dvd
  • sward405
    Options
    Good Job!!

I've had a pretty uneventful, but GOOD Saturday myself. I did 4 miles on the treadmill in just less than an hour this morning and I have really done well with my eating today :-)))

Yayy for success stories!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    u did wonderful! It tends to get easier when the ball is rolling (weight loss)
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Great job enjoying family and making better choices =)
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    If I had a treadmill in my house I would live on it. That sounds so good right now.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Had a good Saturday, too!! My hubby and I were going to get ice cream on our date night. Instead, we found a small smoothie shop that was still open and puts stevia in their smoothies vs. sugar. Definitely a better (and more delicious) choice.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!