P90X - What are your thoughts?

Options
I am debating on whether P90X is worth the money . . . I hear the workouts are great, and that it's super intense (which kinda intimidates me). I need to know if it's worth it? Have you seen results PERSONALLY? How long did it take? Is 90 days really doable? Beside the "package" what else do I need? weights? Thanks for your help :heart:

Replies

• kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You should check out some of the dvds that are on sale on ebay. You might get a better deal. I just bought the 30 day shred for $8 and that includes shipping. I'm thinking about doing p90x because I've seen some phenomenal results on these boards for those that have used it.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I just starting round 2, and I love it! It is worth the money and yes 90 days is very doable. I never dreamed I would get the results I got when I first started. I was NOT in shape when I started and I am not where I want to be yet, but I will be! :happy:

Check out my before and after 90 day pics in my profile. I just finished my 90 days last week!

you get the DVD's, nutrition book, another book about the workout, 1 band, and a calender...I think.
    you will need dumbells, and a pullup bar if you want to use it, but I didnt (i used the bands)
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I just started P90X, and I love it so far even though it's torture! If I were you, I'd check craigslist or ebay for 2nd hand, discounted DVDs. I got my set for $60.
    You'll need a pull up bar (got mine in the "As seen on TV" section of Bed Bath and Beyond for $30...definitely use one of those 20% off coupons they're always sending in the mail), hand weights (I suggest ones with plates on them, so you can adjust the weight. They don't take up as much space, and in the end, they're less expensive than traditional ones) (you can also use resistance bands instead of hand weights or the pull up bar...probably the most cost effective choice), a sturdy chair, and a yoga mat. A heart rate monitor is a HUGE plus too! I don't think I missed anything.

Good luck!
  • brianhin
    brianhin Posts: 28
    Options
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words right?? http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=274416&id=804920654

Get it, it's worth EVERY SINGLE CENT. And don't get it from any other place than QVC, Beachbody.com, or through a Coach like myself who represent Beachbody. Reasons for that being:

#1 - No 90-day money back gaurantee
    #2 - Generally, it's a ripped or burned copy that won't work OR it doesn't come with everything you need like the nutrition guide, workout guide, etc. (nutrition is 90% of the battle)
    #3 - No support, so say you save $80 buying the program from ebay or something similar. You get the dvds, there's no workout guide, no nutrition, etc. What do you do now?? Or say even if you do have the guides, but you still can't motivated to get yourself to push that play button everyday because the program WILL kick your butt. You generally don't have support when you get it off eBay. When purchasing through Beachbody.com or a Beachbody coach, you're connected to a coach like myself who can provide you with the motivation and support that you may need to help you succeed.

And really how much is your health worth?? There's plenty of people out there that spend $120+ on things that won't change their lives for the better. Plain & simple, P90X® works if you do.
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Also, if you have a TJ Maxx near you, they often have the pull up bars. i got mine for $15 from there, as well as some of the push up thingys. I bought 2 sets of weights, 5 and 8 lbs. Good luck! Its a great workout!!
  • lorivent1
    lorivent1 Posts: 16
    Options
    i would recommend starting with P90... it is easier to start with.
  • cpatt
    cpatt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I absolutey love it and definitely think it is worth it!!!
  • sarahughes
    sarahughes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I made it through 13 weeks of P90X!!! It was tough but worth it. There were a few weeks where we had to modify and change the routine up a bit. You have to do what works for you, be consistent but flexible so you will be able to stick with it. We have now moved on to The Truth About Abs workouts and I'm loving it and seeing results. Probably because P90X already had me on the right track!! Good Luck!:smile:
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    On Day 1 I was absolutely terrified to get started, which wasn't necessary. Its a great workout bu it wasn't as bad as I had imagined. I thought I would be crying a quitting after five minutes, not so! You never know until you push play!

I love P90X, this is the longest I have ever stuck with any workout!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Honestly I would recommend doing P90 first to work your way up to P90X. I have done both programs and am partial to P90 for losing weight and P90X for toning up. I love their programs and have been doing them for over 11 years. Definitely worth every penny if you are willing to commit.

Bethe
  • Mrbackslap
    Mrbackslap Posts: 145
    Options
    I got it for free off piratebay.org :)

Research torrents