Fiber help

Options
so i have been sick with the flu for a week or so and at MOST been only eating 600 cal a day (mainly been sleeping) and my fiber intake at most was 6 grams a day. well for the last 5 days i cannot poop!! so today i ate 1225 calories (getting appetite back) and 27 grams of fiber. will this help any?? i need to poo my somach i hurting so bad! and i have no laxatives so thats out. should i have more fiber or what??

Replies

• michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Do you have any coffee?
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    yea
  • ChazMikoyan
    Options
    so i have been sick with the flu for a week or so and at MOST been only eating 600 cal a day (mainly been sleeping) and my fiber intake at most was 6 grams a day. well for the last 5 days i cannot poop!! so today i ate 1225 calories (getting appetite back) and 27 grams of fiber. will this help any?? i need to poo my somach i hurting so bad! and i have no laxatives so thats out. should i have more fiber or what??

I had the same issue from when I had wisdom teeth pulled, from not eating much and the meds. Fiber and drinking lots of water will make you right as rain but it won't be instant.

The fiber boost you had today will help. Beans are naturally high in fiber too.

Do yourself a favor and skip the laxatives unless its serious or you're doing so under a doctor's advice. Sometimes laxatives can cause uncomfortable side effects that will require new under garments.
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Coffee will usually do wonders to get you moving. As long as you don't need to sleep, that is.
  • Burdo70
    Burdo70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Any experts that might be able to have a look at my program since 7/1/13 and let me know if I should be doing anything different or more of a particular thing please?

I want to lose weight but mainly from the stomach and chest/breast area.

I started at just under 94kg and this morning weighed in just over 90kg.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Regards
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    you can try drinking creatine with water
  • mcesira
    mcesira Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    There are many tasty, healthy fiber bars out there- try Luna Fiber Bars {Blueberry Vanilla is good}. Also Fiber One has bars also- check cereal aisle. Or, up your fruit and veggie intake. Drink water.:smile:
  • Tetonia
    Tetonia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    apple juice might help