Losing weight but not where I want it!!!

Options
Hey!

So as an introduction, I currently weigh 124 and would like to get down under 120. I HATE MY BOOBS. The main reason I'm losing weight is to have smaller boobs. I wouldn't consider myself to be overweight... they're not "fat boobs" they're just "boobs."
Why would I want SMALLER boobs? Because I ride horses and I am going to be making an occupation out of it. Aka, a "perfect" horse riding body is pretty much the equivilant of that of a ten year old boy's. Horses+boobs=not fun.

So I heard boobs are one of the first places you'll start losing weight? I've noticed my stomach tightening up but haven't noticed alot else--I just started January 2. But, sorry if it's TMI, my boobs are staying the same. I've actually noticed my bras getting TIGHTER, and I'm already 5'2 in a C cup with a petite but sporty frame. Why why why. .__.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It depends on the make up of your boobs. Mine disappear when I lose weight. My friend has very large boobs and it doesn't matter how small the rest of her gets she still has large boobs.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Spot reduction is impossible
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the individual. I NEVER lose weight in my boobs. They have been huge since I was 13 years old. They really have not changed since I was 18 despite a 60 lb weight gain.

If it's your biology to have large breasts, unfortunately you will have them no matter what you weigh.
  • hebehrens
    Options
    I'll trade you! That's where I always start noticing weight loss first, and I could really do without losing any in that area. ;) Unfortunately I think a lot of it is genetic and may not be easily changed...
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

This.

And sometimes you just have big boobs. I am a 36D now. Even at my smallest (size 6 jeans) I was a 34D. You may be stuck with them I am sorry to tell you.
  • rebelchief
    rebelchief Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Rats! I guess I'll just stick with double-bra-ing when I ride. I would gladly trade someone if that was possible! :P Thanks for chiming in, everyone.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Rats! I guess I'll just stick with double-bra-ing when I ride. I would gladly trade someone if that was possible! :P Thanks for chiming in, everyone.

Might also look into binding your breasts. Not sure what people use (maybe ace bandage type stuff?), but it may help with the bouncing. Another option would be a breast reduction, but it's expensive, permanent, and would put you out of riding for a few months.
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Damn you with the good boobs gene.
  • writemusic4him
    writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    A good sports bra instead of a regular bra could help when riding.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    C's are perfect. What a waste of good boob genes on someone who doesn't appreciate them. I'd love to have C's.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    sad but true all you can do op is keep working on your self and pray your body does the rest
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    There's nothing specific you can do, as others have said, spot reduction doesn't work. You could always try surgery if you are really concerned.
  • rebelchief
    Options
    I can't afford the SUPER nice sports bras (wish I could!) so I wear a sportsbra over a regular bra. It works without giving the uniboob appearance!
    C's are perfect. What a waste of good boob genes on someone who doesn't appreciate them. I'd love to have C's.
    I am 5'2 and petite so they almost look out of place. I'm a teenage girl and am working on my riding career so I could care less about boys atm... plus I've actually been accused of having fake boobs. Yep. Teenager with breast implants, doesn't THAT sound classy. I have to get clothing in larger sizes than someone my size would normally need, which is obnoxious. Don't get me wrong, I love dressing up, but I belong on a horse and GUESS WHAT. It sucks. So "sorry" for not appreciating my body, I'm only like nearly every other teenager screwed up by society.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I can't afford the SUPER nice sports bras (wish I could!) so I wear a sportsbra over a regular bra. It works without giving the uniboob appearance!
    I am 5'2 and petite so they almost look out of place. I'm a teenage girl and am working on my riding career so I could care less about boys atm... plus I've actually been accused of having fake boobs. Yep. Teenager with breast implants, doesn't THAT sound classy. I have to get clothing in larger sizes than someone my size would normally need, which is obnoxious. Don't get me wrong, I love dressing up, but I belong on a horse and GUESS WHAT. It sucks. So "sorry" for not appreciating my body, I'm only like nearly every other teenager screwed up by society.

I would save up for the nice sports bra instead of losing weight...
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Oh, if we all had this problem.

I'm not minimizing your predicament, I know it's a real pain for you, I just wish all women had this problem.

I know I'm not alone.

Not only that, I wish I could redistribute where I wanted. Hey, all my fat going to my boobs. I think that's a fair trade.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    EMBRACE YOUR BOOBIES LADIES.
  • rebelchief
    Options
    Not only that, I wish I could redistribute where I wanted. Hey, all my fat going to my boobs. I think that's a fair trade.
    Now wouldn't that be nice! Or just spot reduce all together. Too bad photoshop is only on the computer! (kidding, kidding)

I reread my other posts and I just wanted to clarify that I am NOT losing weight solely to reduce breast size. I want to lose weight for the same reason as alot of people on here: thin out a bit, tone up, and feel more athletic and happy about myself. :)
  • watchthis1970
    watchthis1970 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    There is no promise that your chest size and shape will change, but try reading on how different chest, back, shoulder and arm exercises may help. I am thinking about dumbells doing bench presses, incline, flat and decline bench, then throw in some flyies and reverse flyes. Also military press and curls to help strenghten your upper body over all. Building up some of the underlying muscles may help alter your chest appearance.

Coming from a fellow horse rider, make sure you buy bras that have straps that DO NOT STRETCH. If the strap doesn't stretch, the girls can't bounce as much.

Good luck on your future in Horses!!
  • Burdo70
    Burdo70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Any experts that might be able to have a look at my program since 7/1/13 and let me know if I should be doing anything different or more of a particular thing please?

I want to lose weight but mainly from the stomach and chest/breast area.

I started at just under 94kg and this morning weighed in just over 90kg.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Regards
  • nardone24
    Options
    This post made my laugh... sorry. Keep it up. Don't get discouraged