How many calories do you eat on rest days?

Options
On days you don't exercise, how many calories do you usually eat?

Replies

• vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    about ~300 calories below maintenance. Or 0.
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I seem to eat back some of my exercise calories (from the day before) on my rest day. When I have a big exercise day, sometimes I can't eat enough in time to meet my cals - not to mention, I'm just not hungry. But the hunger really kicks in on the rest day, so then I allow myself to definitely go over, sometimes by a significant amount . The way I see it, I'll listen to my body, and as long as my weekly intake is where it should be, I don't sweat the small stuff.
  • QuietRain
    QuietRain Posts: 157
    Options
    Today is a rest day and I netted 1633.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I generally try to make it to about the goal calories for the day ... exercise is factored into the other days anyway. Practically, however, I tend to go over a bit... I try not to go too far over though.
  • LupitaWins12
    Options
    Today is a rest day and I netted 1633.

funny I did 1635! rest day too
  • ParanSkies
    Options
    In the last minute, I decided not to exercise after work but I still finished with 4 calories less than my daily goal (TDEE-20% = 1342 calories). Unfortunately, that means I went over on carbs :grumble:

EDIT: The TDEE value does include exercise since I log that separately.
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I eat the same on both
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, I'll listen to my body, and as long as my weekly intake is where it should be, I don't sweat the small stuff.

How do you calculate your weekly intake? Is it plus exercise calories or without? Thank you.
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Definitely the weekly goal is to eat back my exercise calories! Unfortunately that means I can't lose more than 0.7 pounds a week, but it's not a perfect world, and I get more food!