Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Suggestions? Thai food?

Hi everyone.

So--here is my dilemma. I am going out to dinner tonight to a Thai restaurant. Other than ginger soup, I am not very familiar with Thai foods at all. I would love some suggestions of healthy, lower calorie foods I can indulge in tonight!

I also made sure to eat light and work out, so going into my evening I do have over 2000 calories to play with--but I do not want to go crazy either.

Thanks!

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    i think you did the right thing by working out to allow for the thai food. If i were you...i'd look in the data base and just plan what you're going to eat..make sure you don't go over. I'd think you'd be able to have pad thai for that..but i'd double check.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Chicken pad thai the typical serving is a little over 400 calories and it's so darn good!
  • willprovost
    willprovost Posts: 32 Member
    Chicken pad thai the typical serving is a little over 400 calories and it's so darn good!

I'd second that one! Shrimp is good, too.

Some places (Pei Wei) also make a tofu and vegetable Pad Thai, as well. However, sometimes that can be deceiving, as Pei Wei's Tofu and veggie has slightly more calories than the chicken! The only knock on Pei Wei is the portion size. Even looking at the nutrition info, there are 2 servings per... serving. Each with 700+ calories... Lately, I take half and immediately put it in a to go box. Makes a good leftover lunch or dinner.
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Put half of it aside right away for a couple smaller meals later! (I usually get 3 meals out of my normal Thai and Indian places).

Order a dish with chicken or seafood and lots of veggies and rice on the side. Eat a small ratio of rice to your nutrient packed proteins and veggies.

Try something with peanuts or coconut milk curry!

Thai food is awesome!!! I hope you love it!
  • alexisu96
    alexisu96 Posts: 103 Member
    If you must watch calories, keep in mind peanut sauce and coconut milk are calories loaded. And pad thai are noodles fried in oil. Steamed rice , low fat high carbs. I'd say enjoy yourself as all the above are yummy and grt back on track tomorrow. Making thai at home is easy and easly low calorie adjustable
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    You can actually find some pretty healthy options, though they might be on the appetizer menu. For example, chicken satay is basically grilled chicken with peanut sauce. Summer rolls are another good option since they aren't fried.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    thai food generally isnt too bad calorie wise but the sodium can be insane.

if you get a meat dish ask for extra veggies.

and yep you can easily get at least 2 meals out of a dish.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    If it were me at Thai food id eat anything on the menu lol. It is my fave.

However. There are low cal options.

If you like tofu, I would choose it. Less fat, less calories, less sodium.

The fresh spring rolls (not the fried) are super low fat low cal.

Stir Frys are lower in carbs than noodles or rice.

Try new things though since you havent had it! It is BOMBtastic!
  • FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Yumm peanut chicken and jasmine rice. No idea on nutritional info..but SO GOOD!!