Could we please get a detailed hydration meter?

Options
Let's say you exercised for 140 minutes. You would type that in, and it would tell you how much water you would need to compensate for the water lost via sweat.

I normally drink 8 glasses of water a day, but I also know that exercise makes you lose water, and I know that caffeinated beverages can be dehydrating. It would be so cool if we could get a hydration meter for those concerns.

The same thing with caffeine. If I typed under caffeinated beverages, that I had 3 cups of coffee in the morning and a Monster and a Rockstar in the afternoon, it would tell me how much more water I need to make up for that level of caffeine.

I think it would be very helpful. Thank you!! :)

Replies

• jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea.
  • CH0DE_LICK
    Options
    Let's say you exercised for 140 minutes. You would type that in, and it would tell you how much water you would need to compensate for the water lost via sweat.

I normally drink 8 glasses of water a day, but I also know that exercise makes you lose water, and I know that caffeinated beverages can be dehydrating. It would be so cool if we could get a hydration meter for those concerns.

The same thing with caffeine. If I typed under caffeinated beverages, that I had 3 cups of coffee in the morning and a Monster and a Rockstar in the afternoon, it would tell me how much more water I need to make up for that level of caffeine.

I think it would be very helpful. Thank you!! :)
    Sweetheart, Sodium has a bigger impact then all the Caffeine you enjoy. Btw I'd be more woried about the
    money you spend on your drinks than caffeine. Altough yes, that is a ton of caffeine. Unless you're prone/hereditary to have high blood pressure it will not hinder your progress. Sodium will keep you from achieving your dehydration goals though......
  • tarrochka
    Options
    :smile: Thanks Jackie!!
  • tarrochka
    Options
    Ah, I see! So it seems that since sodium is in so many of our foods and we are always having to keep an eye on it anyway, it may be good to ad that to the meter as well. Then we'd know for sure if we were flushing out all the sodium, adding water back when extra caffeine is taking away, and when we're working out like demons, or sweating out our toxins in the sauna! Thanks for the sodium tip!