Best Workout DVD for beginners?

Options
Hi everybody!
I'm just starting this new healthy/active lifestyle and would like to incorporate some sort of excercise regime that I can do at home. However, I am not the LEAST bit fit at the moment.... All of the DVDs i've seen just look too intimidating for me as a beginner. Any recommendations?
Thank you in advance!
Feel free to add me! Always looking for motivation and encouragement! :)

Replies

• V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred wil allow you to do a modified easier version of some of the moves. It's made up of 3 levels over 30 days. You can advance to the next level as you feel more confident.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Try Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It's hard but has 3 levels that you do for 10 days each and its good for beginners (like me). just take rests as and when you need to.

Also, you can get it free on YouTube!
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Not really a weightloss dvd, but a good alternative: the blogilates-video's by Cassey Ho on YouTube. It are mostly 15-minutes video's, so you can do it if you have some spare time or you do more video's in one workout. It's really fun!
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is decent for beginners, since she does have easier moves for beginners.

FitnessBlender has tons of great videos online, and all of them are on Youtube. There's a link in the comments section to their website, which has tips and hints for each video on how to make it easier or harder, depending on your fitness level.

Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds is also pretty good. I enjoy her stuff.
  • morgansmom62711
    morgansmom62711 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! Looks like the 30ds is a winner.... Now that i've kind of looked through some other posts I see there's all kinds of people doing it with great results!
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds is also pretty good. I enjoy her stuff.

These are where I started back in September. I was out of shape and totally uncoordinated. I was intimidated by everything. Hubs had fantastic results with Insanity and wanted me to give it a shot. There was no way that was going to happen. I started with the walk videos everyday. After a few weeks, I wanted more. I still wasn't in shape or ready to do Insanity but he helped me find ChaLean extreme. It focus on lifting so I didn't have to worry about complicated steps. I followed along with the more intense cardio workouts the best I could. I finished with CLX a few weeks back. I'm not sure what I will do next but my main focus will be on lifting. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
  • particleastro
    particleastro Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    DDP's YRG yoga. You wont need anything else, ever.

Good Luck
    JU