Lunch ideas?

Options
I'm going to admit it. I'm a fast food addict. I probably eat fast food 6 out of the 7 days of the week.
I need some lunch ideas to take to work from home..
Help?

Replies

• RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    What are your food tastes? Do you have access to a fridge and microwave at work?
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    If you boil your own black beans at home, inexpensive grab some salsa or a can of no salt added canned stewed sliced tomatoes or from organic section of produce and some low fat or skim sprinkle cheese bowl it and bring to work. Heat and Eat. So filling. Great Protein and Fiber. Will fill you up and wont weigh you down.
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    lean protein + sweet potato + green veggie
  • misssmarita
    Options
    What I find really gives you that fast food feel is if you make it yourself, and with healthy substitutes: sweet potato fries, chicken burger, whole wheat buns, and maybe something like Gatorade to drink, to make it a little more exciting than having just water. Another thing you could do is ask your favorite fast food place if they'll give you, or if you can buy, some of their bags/food containers to keep your homemade fast food in. I find it really adds to the fast food feel, without adding to your calories :)

GOOD LUCK!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    courgette and carrot grated and mixed together with shredded mint and lemon zest is amazing. i can eat a tonne of this stuff lol
  • xmradio123
    Options
    Turkey sandwich is what I pack. Along with carrots and a cucumber. You could get some baby spinach, lettuce, and grill some chicken and make a salad. With balsamic vingeratte .. its taste amazing
  • unchainedzulu
    unchainedzulu Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i found this cool idea - salad in a jar. put the mayo/dressing in, add the nuts/lentils type foods/ add the rest, lettuce on top and lid on. (leave some room for the shake)

at lunch time, tip upside down, give it a good shaking mix, remove lid and eat. deliscious! and fast ;)
  • toniannne
    Options
    Try leaving you cash at home or not enough money to buy your lunch. Then you will be less temlted to buy.
    I like to take wraps with fresh veggies and lean meats with fruit and yoghurt :)
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Pulse salads: canned mixed beans, canned oily fish or frozen cooked shrimp (prawns), variety of salad vegetables.

Leafy salads: baby spinach, red cabbage, canned green lentils, avocado OR walnuts, crumbled goat cheese OR blue cheese, lean sausage OR bacon.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i found this cool idea - salad in a jar. put the mayo/dressing in, add the nuts/lentils type foods/ add the rest, lettuce on top and lid on. (leave some room for the shake)

at lunch time, tip upside down, give it a good shaking mix, remove lid and eat. deliscious! and fast ;)

Those are awesome!!! I do that, too! I think I saw it on Pinterest or something. I'm trying to take a salad every day to work and that's my lunch.

Could you take some kind of leftovers from the night before?
  • sltpsu15
    sltpsu15 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had a great lunch yesterday that was tasty and filling. Salad greens with some almonds and dried cranberries, a few sprays of wishbone ranch dressing. And a half can of white tuna mashed up with some onions, a little pepper, and 1/4 avocado. Soooo good! I got the tuna/avocado idea from another thread. The avocado takes the spot of the mayo and has more nutritional value.
  • kmk_natasha
    Options
    I'm going to admit it. I'm a fast food addict. I probably eat fast food 6 out of the 7 days of the week.
    I need some lunch ideas to take to work from home..
    Help?

Salas and sandwiches are easy, but you can also make healthy decisions at fast food joints.
  • spicyginger2006
    spicyginger2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    turkey, tuna or egg salad, chicken,ham, veggie wraps/sandwiches with any veggies, hummus, cheese,ect.

low calorie, low sodium canned soup

greek yogurt with fresh fruit and a granola bar

leftovers

lettuce cups ( fill with shredded chicken and buffalo sauce, bbq sauce, asian dressing) and veggies to top it!

popcorn with an apple and string cheese

just some stuff i take with me!! hope this helps
  • littleagainplease
    Options
    Try leaving you cash at home or not enough money to buy your lunch. Then you will be less temlted to buy.
    I like to take wraps with fresh veggies and lean meats with fruit and yoghurt :)

I work at a fast food place. So we get free meals. It's very hard to say no. But i've been having salads and wraps for the past week or so
  • littleagainplease
    Options
    I'm really keen to try turkey. So many people have mentioned it