45 ... Time to stop "putting it off" and "take it off"!

Options
GG113
GG113 Posts: 10 Member
I've enjoyed this app for nearly 2 weeks, although my first few days of logging gave me a reality check!

I'm a middle-aged wife, mom and "Nini". For years, I've been going to "lose that 20 lbs" which has now escalated to about 35.

I've read many health books about nutrition, disease, metabolism, and exercise. My goal is to put that head knowledge into practice. I keep a very positive attitude and outlook on life and circumstances.

I really thought I'd stay incognito and private on this site, but have enjoyed the message boards, forums and success stories. Seeing the encouragement and motivation a group of friends can provide, I've decided to say hello.

I think MFP is a great tool! If you're looking for friends/support, feel free to add me.

Replies

• newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi Friend! Welcome to the forums! :smile:
  • pamays
    pamays Posts: 20
    Options
    well said....
  • LJS0411
    LJS0411 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Sis!! Like you told me yesterday, You've Got This!! I may not live next door anymore, but now, we can support each other daily here! The support of friends is important to success - plus, I know we will have the sibling competition that we always had growing up! Looking forward to the challenge! LYSM!!!
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    I love it. Wishing you tons of success
  • D0ry
    D0ry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I felt the same way at the beginning - I thought this 'social part' of the tool is meaningless. I was sooooo wrong. I've found some great friends on here and so much knowledge too.

Good luck with your journey! Feel free to add me if you think we can be supportive to each other :)
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Welcome! :drinker:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed this app for nearly 2 weeks, although my first few days of logging gave me a reality check!

I'm a middle-aged wife, mom and "Nini". For years, I've been going to "lose that 20 lbs" which has now escalated to about 35.

I really thought I'd stay incognito and private on this site, but have enjoyed the message boards, forums and success stories. Seeing the encouragement and motivation a group of friends can provide, I've decided to say hello.

Yes, it's shocking how much we eat when we don't care.

MFP's forums are great. You'll learn a lot, understand how your body works and stay motivated.

Fat loss is like concrete - the longer you leave it, the harder it gets.

-Darren, aged 40 and 10 months
  • Scoobytooby
    Scoobytooby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I really hope you achieve your goals (& I really hope I achieve mine too)!

This site has been a real eye opener for me too. It's shocking how much every food costs calorifically and how much you have to do to burn a little of it off.

Best wishes.
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    I wish I had found this website years ago. It's been a HUGE help in motivating me. Hopefully it helps you too :)
  • adriayn
    Options
    I've been using MFP for about 3 weeks (started right after my 45th birthday!) and I initially felt the same way as GG113 and D0ry, that I didn't need the social part, etc.

Well, "no (wo)man is an island!" and I could definitely use some friends and support in this new way of life, please add me if you'd like!

Thanks for sharing:-)