I am extremely confused right now...

Options
So today was the first day I wore my Polar FT40 to a Zumba class. It said I burned 922 kcal during 60 minutes. BUT before, when I used my FT4(which is supposed to be less correct than the FT40) it said I burned around 560 - 600 kcal/class... And I don't know which HRM I should trust. Anyone else having this problem? Or a solution?

Replies

• RunningOnPurple
    RunningOnPurple Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't have the answer, but seeing as I ordered a FT40 just yesterday, I'd be curious to know.
  • NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    560-600 seems more reasonable for a 60 min class. Have you got your new HRM set up properly?
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
    stick to one. If you are seeing success on your weight loss then your process of counting exercise and calories is working fine.
  • notthatthis
    Options
    kcal or cal? that is the first confusing point.

check at the shapesense.com hr calorie burn calculator
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    Check the settings are right in your FT40, or maybe you worked harder this time? Does it give your average HR for the 60mins? I'd expect it to be above 80% for that sort of burn (just going by my figures from my HRM).
  • bordochstol
    bordochstol Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    560-600 seems more reasonable for a 60 min class. Have you got your new HRM set up properly?
    Yes, my weight, height, age, oxygen uptake, activity level...
  • bordochstol
    bordochstol Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It did give me the average HR for 60 minutes(185 bpm/89% of my HRmax). But I decided to change the 'activity level' setting from 3-5h/week to 1-3h/week. Maybe that'll help get a more accurate number. Thanks everyone :)