level 1 or level 2 ? (30 day shred)

Options
I use to do gillian's burn fat boost metabolism dvd every morning for forty mins however i got bored and stopped then i had last week off where i didnt do any workout dvds but eat less.

I have done the shred before so i told myself as id coped with the forty min workout in the other dvd i should go straight to level two so i started level two this morn and i had to keep having rests or flopping to my knees for 5 seconds so i dont know whether to go back to level 1 where i can keep up or push myself to continue with level 2?

what do you guys think?

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    If youre mostly getting through it I would stay with level 2. Your body will adjust in a few days. That said if you're just dying and spending most of the time resting go back to level 1
  • chellemlee
    Options
    I also have the 30 day shred, HATED it all, I now have the Jillian Body Revolution, I wish I had gotten this the first time. Love this one.

I too struggled being bored on level one, and just dying on level 2, hence switching to Body Revolution. Started dieting and doing this on January 8th and I am down 25 pounds. I really adore Body Revolution!

Good Luck to you!
  • hmomomo
    hmomomo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There's a massive jump from Level 1 to Level 2 - I'm a huge fan of the Shred and converted all my girlfriends. When I first started the Shred last year, I found Level1 really really hard, but my mate (who is quite fit) found it easy. When she went on to Level 2 it almost destroyed her! The thing is though, once you get used to it you'll be able to manage Level 2 with no problems whatsoever.

Any time you do a new and hard exercise routine it's horribly challenging but it does get easier - I found moving onto the 7.5kg kettlebell in my kettlercise class impossible at first, but when I went down to the 5kg bell to give myself a break it felt like lifting a feather.

So you could try doing Level 1, and you'll probably find it really easy. That should give you a confidence boost, and will make persevering with Level 2 so much easier. With anything though, you have to listen to your body. If your body can't cope, go down a level and work up to it. But you will find level 2 easier the next time you try it, I promise. Remember, you're capable of so much more than you think! Good luck :)
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm onto day 5 of level 2. I'm still finding it hard, but each time certain parts are getting easier, and I'm taking less breaks. It can happen, this level is a challenge, and we'll both feel better after conquering it!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i have done the dvd 3 full times and i am on another round of it. i always start at level 1 even if i don't find it challenging b/c i like the exercises and i find them still goo for you body to do...
  • katisere
    katisere Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love level one, hate level 2 I think the exercises on level 2 I think they are hard to master and I don't feel as though I am getting a proper workout, whereas I can kickass on level 1...Might skip level 2 and just start one level 3 and switch between the 2 levels, exercise is exercise I suppose.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    glad it's just not me, i hate level 2 as well as i feel very awkward doing them and feel i can't get the right form either.... that is what i am doing, skipping level 2 as i am suppose to start it today and going right up to level 3...