Kiwis Weekly Weigh In - WEEK ONE

Options
Hi Everyone
You have two options, log your Starting Weight (SW) and Current Weight (CW) or for those who don't want to log their weight, please state Current Weight Loss as at today.

JimJamJandles
SW - 90kg
CW - 88.4kg

Days on Programme - 9 days

My scales told me 88kg yesterday morning I was pretty shocked! I knew they had lied haha.

Replies

• sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    SW 78.4kg
    CW 76.3kg

Time on program 9 weeks

This week's challenge: no high-kj afternoon and evening snacking! I HAVE to break this habit it's what's holding me back!

My scales at home are totally whack. They're digital ones, but for example I'll weigh myself, take off jeans or shoes or something, weigh myself again and weigh 600g MORE?
    So I'm gonna use my ones here at work and just subtract some for clothes and shoes which is roughly 1.5kg i worked out.
  • jimjamjandles
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss.
    I have found myself wanting to gorge in the evenings. I have a sweet tooth, so have brought some chocolate, but only eat 2 pieces (equals 60cal) and I get the satisfaction.
    i tend to try and fill myself up with veggies and fruit and lots of water.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    SW: 105.5kg at August 2008
    SW with MFP: 78.6kg at Jan 2010
    CW: 70.9kg

With less than 5kg to maintenance weight now, I suppose it's going to be slow going.
    Been at this weight for 3 weeks now.
    Joy.

I think I should probably scale down my weight loss per week goal gradually and slowly add in calories (maybe 50 per week) as I get to maintenance level.

Well done, guys; you're doing great!
  • sassyg
    Options
    my problem in the evening is just boredom. on the evenings where i have rehearsals, or am actually doing something else, i don't want or at all miss snacking on anything. but when i'm sitting watching tv i'm allll about the cookies...
  • hepkitty
    hepkitty Posts: 133
    Options
    SW 80.3kgs
    CW - 71.05kgs

A gain from last week of .35kgs. Really frustrating as I've had a great week - logged everything, did lots of exercise, drank lots of water...I went tramping in the weekend and thought surely, 11 or so hours of exercise over 3 days has got to mean weight loss! But from Friday morning to Monday morning I went UP half a kg, and then Mon am to Tues am I went up another .7kgs!

Down again a bit this morning but a bit bewildered as to what's happening...I usually weigh myself daily and haven't seen this sort of crazy fluctuation before, I'm hoping it will settle down :s

somigliana, my goal weight is either 68 or 66kgs, so only a few more to go for me too...and it just seems to get harder and harder to stay motivated when I'm so close, and the rate of loss has gotten so much slower!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hepkitty... I check in every morning just out of curiosity, too, and I have seen some wild ups and downs, depending on how much salt or water I've taken in. And... after a day of hard exercise, I usually see a temporary gain on the scales. I've read here and there on the message boards that it's not uncommon.
    At least it's a downward trend since starting, yes?
  • jimjamjandles
    Options
    Could be the possibility that you are building more muscle too.

Well done everybody - you are doing so well!
    An inspiration for me to keep going - amazing work!
  • betzyrama
    betzyrama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    SW: 93.3 kg
    CW: 87 kg (down .4 from last Wednesday!)

I glimpsed the 86's yesterday, but I had been sick, so laying on my couch like a lump. :)

Been eating healthier since 9 Feb this year.

Now I have a week to work off the nasty fish n chips I ate today (it was really gross actually!)
  • sassyg
    Options
    ugh yeah nothing worse than nasty soggy greasy fish n chips for that afterfeeling

our local is really really good for chips, but their batter leaves a lot to be desired. I just don't get any battered fish.

I really need to keep more "fast" food in the freezer and pantry. takeaways always seems like a quick option when i'm short on time, but in reality, by the time everyone decides what they want, and you go get it, and come home again, it's quicker to throw together a stir fry or dump some baked beans on some toast.
  • jimjamjandles
    Options
    I love living alone!! Haha It makes this eating healthier thing so much easier.
    I havent been proper super market shopping in 2 weeks, yesterday went and got more fresh veggies and fruit.
    Made a vegetarian shepherds pie last night, which gives me four meals - dinner last night, lunch today, and debating whether I eat it tonight - as it has lentils and potatoes in it so it throws my carbs over into negatives, or have something like toast with avo and tomato.
    I figure I am going for my longer walk tonight so I can afford to have my carbs in negative... (not by a lot!)
  • sassyg
    Options
    i don't even watch carbs : / I love rice, I just can't do it.

calories, fibre and sodium

DH needs baking tomorrow for some fund raising coffee thing, so I'm off to do another 10 minutes on the cross trainer cos if he thinks he's getting them ALL, he's got another thing coming. I'm squirreling away some cookies for myself!
  • betzyrama
    betzyrama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I haven't had fish and chips in ages. I wanted something a little greasy and my workmate said fish and chips and I went too. He ate his and was fine, but another female and I ate ours and even today felt gross from it! Good result was that it wrecked my appetite last night! And I lost another 400g.

I don't restrict any food types....just have to keep myself aware of portions when I'm eating fatty stuff. I made fake mcD's egg McMuffin for brekkie this morning. Chicken bacon and bega cheese, one egg on an english muffin. YUM!
  • sassyg
    Options
    The signature range super-low fat slices are the lowest cal (37) one's i've found (lower than bega and the WW ones)