what have you always wanted to be?

Options

Replies

• IslandRider
    Options
    That's a really cool cake! And like some one said, as longs you don't eat your wares, you're golden, lol.

When I was 3 I wanted to be a tiger. When I finally understood what people meant by what do you want to be, I wanted to be a lawyer, then finally a linguist. I joined the USAF as a linguist and did that for 6 yrs. turned out it wasn't what I thought it would be like.

Now I would like to be a vet assistant or like you decorate cakes. I did my first fancy cake for my granddaughter's 4th birthday , there's a pic of it in my profile. I'm not too far from being able to retire, so maybe in a few years I'll actually go to vet tech school and have a second career.
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    a great dad

This made me audibly "Awwwww". :happy:

I've always wanted to get my pilot's license but I'm legally blind without corrective lenses and that scares me.

Getting your pilots license is not so difficult. If you can drive a stickshift , have depth perception and can pass a physical you can solo in no time. I'd recommend you sign up for an intro lesson at your local airport. You will go up for 30 mins and fly around with you at the controls and instructor beside you. Its usually very reasonable way to see if it is for you.

Happy flying!
    David
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Freelance musician. Not voice but my instrument, the clarinet. I'm working on that dream right now, and I'm one step closer each and every day :)
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to teach middle school. Not elementary. Not high school. I want to grab those middle schoolers attention before they hate school forever. I've always felt middle school was the last chance to "get" some of those kids that are headed down a wrong path.

Maybe I should find a foundation or something to volunteer at since I'll probably never teach at this point...hmmm.
  • socko6774
    socko6774 Posts: 200
    Options
    rich
  • myers0machine
    Options
    Happy am working on it...
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    night watchman in a library.

LOL!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (hope you are not offended!!) I always wanted to be the skinny one - instead of Liz- the large girl over there!!!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    rich

LOL!!!
  • mllst18
    mllst18 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Happy...
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    A writer when I was younger, now I want to study horticulture.

and for those who think it's too late to change careers i just wanted to mention a friend I was chatting with yesterday. She was a lawyer who as recently as 2 years ago helped me close the mortgage on my home. She hated being a lawyer though. So she went back to school. Yesterday she said she was now working on her PhD. I said what?? yeah she just finished her masters in special education. I couldn't believe that after all the time and effort (and money) spent on becoming a lawyer she just up and left that career. But it didn't make her happy and this switch in careers does. I say more power to anyone who has the guts to do something like that and chase the dream.

edit to say that when I asked how she can be working on a PhD so fast she said she had a ton of schooling (when she was becoming a lawyer) and had a lot of extra credits or whatever so she did a program of some sort to speed things along. I dont know details just wanted to clarify how she managed to somehow do it in about 2-ish years.
  • MollDoll81
    Options
    I wanted to be a writer and a counselor, and to work with adolescent girls- I wanted to get married, have a big family with lots of kids.
    I was initially a youth ministry major, but left school when I became pregnant.
    At just shy of 32, I've worked in medical billing and now customer service with retirement plans, which I love. I have a wonderful 10 year old son. Still single, and at this point don't know if more kids are actually in the cards for me. I go to school part time to get my BA in Writing with a minor in Psych and Business, and I am scheduling training to work with the crisis pregnancy center.
    Wasn't what I anticipated, but it still fits a bit.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    as a kid I wanted to be a cop, when I got a little older I wanted to be a wrestler :) or a stripper.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    DJ in hottest Vegas or NY club. Instead I settled on the law.
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    a great dad

Aaaawwww. Love this!

I could not really want to be anything, had to work what I could to provide for kids. Now, when kids are grown (one still at home for few more years) I am making my plans to own Bed & Breakfast one day. Would love that!
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    An archeologist. Like a kickass female Indiana Jones.
  • randomgyrl
    randomgyrl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Marine biologist.
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Either an anthropologist or an astronaut.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    An architect or a marine biologist like George Costanza. :)
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    A therapist by day.
    Writer & Mom by night.