Les Mils Combat - anyone?

Options
I have been doing Insanity for 3 weeks. I see results but I am BORED. As a former kickboxer, I was hoping Les Mils Combat (beachbody) would be less boring and more my style. Anyone done it/doing it? It seems pretty new. I read the reviews on Amazon, but I also read the reviews for Insanity and no one mentioned it was boring. I'm used to live kickboxing classes....

I need to get back to the kickboxing body I had over the summer. I miss seeing my obliques and the beginnings of abs!

Replies

• Mollymoog
    Mollymoog Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have done combat classes which are great but not the DVD. So presume they are more or less the same and the classes are good.
  • sunnyj81
    sunnyj81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've actually started doing this with my friend recently. We both really enjoy it and I feel it's a pretty good workout so far.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I've done classes at the gym, which are great, plus they issue a new release every 6-8 weeks so you never get bored.

Not sure if a DVD would get a bit samey after a while.
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Check out @telcochik she has a LM Combat challenge going on now. She has done some reviews of the workouts as well. Best of luck.
  • deineira
    deineira Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I bought this series from Beach Body and I liked it a lot. I followed the rotation for 2 weeks, then moved on, primarily because there's another instructor who I really loved who put out a new series, and I had only planned to do Combat until that came out to keep me busy.

I thought the exercises were challenging, the routines were varied and the instructors are inspiring. They talk a lot, but they are very motivating and have a lot of charisma. I definitely recommend it and will put it into rotation again when I finish this one.

The only caveat I will note here is that there are some DVDs that focus on lower and upper body toning that are not included in the basic series that would probably be a good investment. Without them, there's no real strength training here, which I think the series is missing. Those would also help with the variety factor and make the whole program more engaging. I don't think I would last 90 days on this one as I think it would get boring too.

Eva
  • kgshuber
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone!