Looking for some people to add me for mutual support

Options
hi there!
My name is Ann and I am new to this site. I had an RNY gastric bypass in 2004 and went from over 451 lbs down to 240 and now and have gained some of the weight back and I tip the scales at 276. I really need some support from people on this site. I am stuck in that cycle most of you know all too well---I hate that I gained weight and feel like I failed, so I eat and then feel guilty, then feel ashamed and the negative feelings trigger emotional eating and so on and so on.

I am 38 years old and due to a life of being super obese since I was a child, my body has taken a beating. The weight I got down to felt better than the +450 lbs I was pre-op, but my body has settled into the newer sized me and the arthritis in the knees, hips and shoulders is rearing it's ugly head like it did pre-op with the added annoyance of being severely anemic due to the WLS.

So here I am....I am at a very low point in my self-esteem and I know enough to know I need help with support and motivation. I want to get out and do more. I want first goal is to get back under 250 lbs and then go from there.

Thanks to those who have taken the time to read this and I hope to get to know some of you well as friends on here! So please add me!

Good luck to all and have a great day!

Annbillingsley

Replies

• x1v16
    x1v16 Posts: 66
    Options
    bumpity
  • annbillingsley
    annbillingsley Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bumping :)
  • rhianlandon10
    Options
    feel free to add me(:
  • MaxineMarieM
    MaxineMarieM Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bumping :smile: add me too
  • LanieGirl67
    Options
    Adding you....:)
  • GingerBiscuit_19
    GingerBiscuit_19 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow you have done amazing! I'll root for you! Please feel free to add me :) I'm in need of some support too, so we can help each other! Best wishes, TJ x
  • Deebug60
    Deebug60 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. So can any one else :smile:
  • browneyes97
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a great tool I'm always looking for supportive friends.
    Sending request:)
  • 1Whitchick
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm happy to support anyone who is willing to stick with it and not give up! You CAN do this, you've already begun. Even if you get stuck, we'll help you get back up!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I am willing to support people here that are determined to work at this. Add me if you like.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. Feel free to add me as a friend. Anyone can add me.
  • kelfer80
    kelfer80 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    First of all a HUGE CONGRATS for the weight you lost before!!! If friends and support is what you're looking for you have come to the right place. Each and every one of us is so different and have different goals but what we all have in common is the want/need to get healthy and stay healthy!!! Many of us a VERY familiar with the visious cycle of depression and overeating! I am definently NO expert, but My little piece of advice is to get your head in the game. I know it sounds silly but so much of weight loss is in your head. If you think you can do it, YOU WILL! If you have doubts, well that will show. Also LOG IN EVERYDAY. NO MATTER WHAT! Logging in gives you accountability. And JUST BE PATIENT. (THIS IS A HARD ONE FOR ME!) We didn't put the weight on overnight and we are not gonna lose it overnight! I like to tell myself to take it one bite...one meal...one day at a time!!! Because EVERY BITE COUNTS!!! I have faith in you!!! You deserve this!!!
  • isabel88g
    isabel88g Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Add me, we can keep each other motivated :D!!!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I hope you find MFP to be as helpful as I have. Having friends for mutual support is wonderful! Sending friend request!
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just sent a friend request. I live in the maritimes as well. Great to have people to share the journey for a better lifestyle. :smile: