Looking for New Snack Food

Options
I am trying to find a new snack food to add to my roster. Right now my main snacks are yogurt with frozen raspberries and a small apple dipped in a touch of cinnamon sugar. I like my snacks between 75-200 calories.

Whats your favorite snacks under 200 calories?

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Nuts or seeds.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I love oven baked chickpeas with garlic powder and parmesan cheese YUM.....avocado with salt and pepper..... hardboiled eggs with salt and pepper ...... string cheese
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I like frozen blueberries, cherries and peaches. I like to freeze a container of yogurt. Carrot sticks, a pouch of tuna, an egg.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. Wanted to add, if you can put calorie counts for the snacks that would be awesome!
  • gianamicole
    gianamicole Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Special K chips are the best! they are 110 calories for 27 chips and they actually taste good! also Jello smores pudding for 110, its not as filling as the chips but good if you're craving something sweet :)
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Air popped Popcorn...sprayed with Popcorn (butter flavor-no calories) Spritzer! 3 Tbsp. popcorn = low calories :happy:
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Half a cup of Chex Mix (original) 120 calories

Half cup of low fat cottage cheese + half cup of canned fruit 125-180 calories depending on fruit

Slice of 80-calorie whole-grain toast spread with 1 tablespoon peanut butter or Nutella 175 or 180 calories respectively
  • Lmpantaleao
    Lmpantaleao Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    organic Blue tortilla chips 130 calories + organic salsa 15 calories+ two tbsps of reduced fat shredded cheese 27 calories= 172 calories
    & if you have a bit of wiggle room on your calorie count add 1 tbsp of light sour cream or greek yogurt..Instant nachos
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Granola bars (Quaker Oats are around 90cal each)

Fruit snacks (Mott's fruit snacks are made with real fruit, it's pretty good too!)

Special K snacks (they're all around 100cal each, all designed to help lose weight)

FiberOne granola bars (really filling and 90cal, plus it's got lots of fiber!)

Skinny Pop (it's popcorn that is 39cal per cup. Delicious and 100% organic)

Tortilla corn chips (about 150cal per serving, definitely a good choice)

Guacamole (might have more calories, but it's really good for you!)
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Celery with a wedge of laughing cow cheese. It is roughly 50 calories.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Honey roasted sunflower seeds, 40 g 1/4 cupish 180 calories.
  • LethainIowa
    Options
    I seriously miss chips and dip..but have replaced them with Breton Minis (snack crackers) in Garden Vegetable flavor (140 calories for 29 crackers)..with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese or French Onion..35 calories a wedge. Makes an awesome snack in the evening and totally takes care of my chips/dip craving.
  • kelfer80
    kelfer80 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ALMONDS! I eat 1/4 cup EVERYDAY! Plain or in yogurt is good! Also granny smith apples with sugar free caramel sauce...mmm!
  • UseToBeHot
    UseToBeHot Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Vita top muffin tops. In the frozen food aisle and only 100 calories. Actually I eat them for breakfast as well and put 1 pat of butter on top. Yum! Under 200 calories and keeps me full until lunch. Also, no additives or preservatives.

Oh, also Popchips! you can have 23 of them for 120 calories. They are like potato chips, but no fat. Not fried, not baked. Popped. They come in lots of flavors and also have no additives or preservatives.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Jello sugar free pudding scooped into a plain ice cream cone... zero sugar and 70 calories total. If you use chocolate pudding (my favorite) only 80 calories total!
  • StickingWithIt2015
    StickingWithIt2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am a pinterest freak and found this super yummy low cal recipe that had three of my favorite things in it....bananas, oatmeal, and chocolate! I took the recipe and made 38 mini muffins that are only 70 (well 66.9) calories per mini muffin.

Here is the link...enjoy!!
    http://www.emilybites.com/2012/01/banana-chocolate-chip-baked-oatmeal.html?m=1
  • Samantha44145
    Samantha44145 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of Fage Greek Yogurt (nonfat) (65 cal) + 8 pieces frozen Mango chunks (40ish cals) = approx 105 cals

1/4 cup of Ann's House Soy Engergy Blend Nut Mix = 150 cals

Trader Joe mini soy ice cream sandwiches = 90 cal

Thin edamame crackers from Trader Joes - 38 crackers = 120 cals

2 cups Skinny Pop Popcorn = 80 calories

Fage 6 oz nonfat plan yogurt (100 cal) + 1 tbsp sugar free raspberry preserves (10 cal) = 110 cal
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Veggies and hummus... 1/4 cup of hummus is about 140 calories (Sabra brand, anyway). I like to eat it with carrots, broccoli, red pepper, whatever I have on hand. 3 medium carrots are around 75 calories. 1 medium red pepper is about 30 calories, and around a cup of broccoli clusters (65g) is about 20 calories, so you can have a good mix of veggies and a decent amount of hummus for around 200 calories.

Cottage cheese, 1/2 cup is about 100 calories with 14g protein, I often stir in applesauce or chunks of fruit.

Kefir, 1 cup is about 140 calories, 11g protein.

1/2 c of Stonyfield farm Banilla yogurt with 1 tbsp of peanut butter stirred in, 200 calories. Or 6 oz of plain greek yogurt (fage) with a tbsp of peanut butter and a tbsp of honey, around 250 calories for ~21g protein.

I would also second the roasted chickpeas. You can make them spicy/savory, or sweet, depending on what you are in the mood for.

You can see I love my protein >.> I like to have high protein snacks, though, because then they tend to keep me more full. I love popcorn and other snacks like that, but I get hungry a lot sooner.

ETA: Also bananas. Yum.... sometimes I dip them in my greek yogurt/honey/peanut butter mix.
  • snowdrop778
    Options
    How about a Pear Cake?

Serves12

Calories..........119g
    Protein................2g
    Carbs...............29g
    Sugars.............16g
    Fat....................0.3g
    Sats.....................0g

I have the recipe if you're interested. Didn't want to type it out if you don't like pears lol.
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Canteloup and cottage cheese

Celery with a laughing cow wedge

Apples, orages and pears

Popcorn

Watermellon, canteloup or honeydew