Haven't exercised in like 2 weeks.

Options
Oh God help me. I need motivation. I'm trying to do the 30 Day Shred and I got all the way to like Day 8 before stopping. Ugh, I really need to start over again.

Replies

• happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    I just ordered the 30 day shred...how did you like days 1-8?
    Just start over - remember that today is a new day. When you are making life changes, you have to take into consideration that you will have spells like this.

It's not falling of the wagon that matters, its whether you pick yourself back up.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You know...I tried the 30 Day Shred. I did so terribly on it. I have asthma and migranes so by the time I finished I was a wheezing mess with one of the worst headaches I had ever had. Kudos to those who are able to survive Jillian Michael's techniques!!!!!
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You know...I tried the 30 Day Shred. I did so terribly on it. I have asthma and migranes so by the time I finished I was a wheezing mess with one of the worst headaches I had ever had. Kudos to those who are able to survive Jillian Michael's techniques!!!!!
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    just remember it is only 20 minutes. shorter than a sitcom! Having said that, my 3 year old hid my copy, so I have been back to BL bootcamp! I actually miss the shred. Who knew?!?
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Oh God help me. I need motivation. I'm trying to do the 30 Day Shred and I got all the way to like Day 8 before stopping. Ugh, I really need to start over again.
    I tried the 30 day shred. I found the skinny girls doing the exercises without much effot, the way jillian spoke, and the repetitive daily exercises bored me into a lack of motivation. I tried another dvd, same thing happened. Now I play DDR, take walks, and go on bike rides w/ the bf. Exercise needs to be fun for me, maybe you need the same thing.
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I keep starting the 30 day shred over and over and over. The most I've made it is 4 times in one week. I'll start over with you! I haven't done the shred in about 2 weeks too so we're both starting at the beginning. I'm going to try to do it tonight.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    This is weird, but I'm almost 300 pounds and I actually found the Shred pretty easy. Especially by the 8th day. (Or at least the first level, never made it to the second).

I just remembered that I've been using the level 1 off of ondemand and it ends tomorrow. I'll definitely do it tonight with you rachiebblue. And if comcast doesn't renew the time for it or put up level 2, I'll just have to go out and buy all three levels asap.
  • gypsy30
    gypsy30 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey...I know how it feels. If you want a really motivating dvd try the Turbo Jam by Chalene Johnson...she makes it fun. I have'nt tried her other ones but I am sure they are great . Also the Slim in Six dvd by Debbie Siebers is good too. I found Jillian to be too drill major!! Good Luck, you can do it! (Test them out by renting them from your local library)
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    This is weird, but I'm almost 300 pounds and I actually found the Shred pretty easy. Especially by the 8th day. (Or at least the first level, never made it to the second).

I just remembered that I've been using the level 1 off of ondemand and it ends tomorrow. I'll definitely do it tonight with you rachiebblue. And if comcast doesn't renew the time for it or put up level 2, I'll just have to go out and buy all three levels asap.

Walmart 9 bucks, worth every penny.