The hairy dieters

Options
traceytwink
traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
I've just bought the hairy dieters cook book, loads of yummy recipies in it, so question is if you've got the book which is your favourite one?

Replies

• lottiedavi
    Options
    I love the chilli con carne in a tortilla case, they are so tasty and because im vegetarian and have replaced the beef with quorn it is even lower in cals :)
    I can't wait to try more recipes, the puddings look so tasty!
  • pixiee88
    Options
    I don't have it but my dad does, he said the lasagne is awesome. He's going to give me the recipe :)
  • Harbs01
    Harbs01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love the paprika chicken, but also made the chicken jalfrezi which is lovely and the lasagne but with wholewheat lasagne sheets rather than leeks as it didn't really work out for me.
  • traceytwink
    Options
    I like the look of the Spanish style chicken bake and the moist carrot and sultana cake makes my mouth drool mmmmm lol
  • EmmaR25
    EmmaR25 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The Spanish style chicken is lovely made that this weekend
  • traceytwink
    Options
    The Spanish style chicken is lovely made that this weekend
    Can't wait to try that then x
  • pb1968
    pb1968 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Tracey, I've made the prawn curry (needed a bit more spice in my opinion), the cottage pie, Italian meatballs, chicken Korma and the lamb stew so far. I would say the korma is my favourite and the meatballs. All the recipes are easy to follow. Happy cooking! :) x
  • traceytwink
    Options
    Thanks P you inspired me to buy it lol, having seen some of the things you've been cooking Lelly likes the look of the korma and dyl the meatball so guess I'll be using it a lot x
  • johnwf19
    Options
    Skinny Muffins are awsome!!:love:
  • katdell
    katdell Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love the lasagne.... however I dont like the leeks in the middle I just put lasagne sheets in it and then add the calories of them!!
    Enjoy :)
  • margaretluscombe1
    Options
    i love the lasagne i didnt like it with the leek sheets , think i will try the lasagne sheets next time .
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    The chilli con carne is delicious and the cassoulet is also brilliant. I love the food, really filling x good luck
  • mrbikerjon
    mrbikerjon Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So when you inviting us over for dinner Tracey so we can try all this lot out? :drinker:
  • traceytwink
    Options
    Lol when you free???? think I'll try the moist carrot cake out on you what do you reckon
  • jmacavoy
    jmacavoy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't have the book but I've done a couple of recipes off the BBC website. Love the chilli in the tortilla bowls and I too use Quorn instead of mince, not because I'm a vegetarian but because of the lower calories.
    I've also done the mince beef and potato pies using pizza base mix instead of pastry. Again I used quorn mince for even lower calories. I also used the pizza base mix for some chicken and leek pies, using lighter than light Philadelphia to make a creamy sauce.
  • mrbikerjon
    mrbikerjon Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm no thanks. Now make it lasagne and I'll be there like a shot! Just gotta make sure the fat cat doesn't get any, he'll really be like Garfield then lmao
  • hannah1803
    hannah1803 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have made the skinny muffins and the lemonade jelly - both of which are awesome! Looking forward to trying out some of the savoury recipes, especially the Spanish Chicken that EmmaR25 recommends!
  • heronfolder
    heronfolder Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've got Simple Tuna and Sweetcorn salad for lunch this week. Portions seem a bit off with it (gotta be realistic!) so split into 3.

Made easy prawn coconut curry this weekend. LOVELY. However the recipe made LOADS, you'd get 4 portions easily from what they say serves 2!

Crispy chicken is nice but doesn't keep too well, goes a bit soggy in the fridge so you have to re-crisp it in the oven if you have leftovers. Made 5 breasts from their recipe instead of 4.

Also made the chilli con carne, very nice.

Minted pea and feta omelette is lovely too.

But I think my favourite has to be the scrambled eggs and salmon on english muffin. Divine!!

This book is now my bible, ha.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have prepared 6 of the recipes and that will be the end. The recipes are amazing but I have a family of 6 and most of these recipes take way too long for a busy mom.

There are so many better recipes out there that are easier and quicker to prepare
  • sherylloveschocolate2much
    Options
    I have the scrambled eggs muffins almost everry day for breakfast, im addicted. For the mains i really enjoyed the lamb tangine. I'm also substituing some of the cooking oils for frylite where i can