Skinny oreo milkshake-118 calories!!!

Options
I found the recipe online. OMGosh! It is so good! The taste is just like a milkshake. You can tell by the consistency that it's made with milk and ice instead of ice cream, but it is an excellent alternative. I didn't use the oreo cookies (because those are not safe in my house), but instead used oreo pudding instead of vanilla.

Ingredients

1 cup reduced-fat (1%) milk or ½ cup fat-free and ½ cup reduced-fat 2%
2½ reduced-fat Oreo cookies
1 tablespoon instant vanilla pudding (dry mix)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package Splenda or Equal
1½ cups ice cubes

Directions

1. Add all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Add a few more ice cubes if the shake isn’t thick enough.
2. Serve at once.
Makes 2 (1 cup) servings

for 1 serving
118 calories, 2.5g fat, 3g protein, 20g carbs, 0g fiber, 181mg sodium, 8g sugar

Replies

• Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I wonder what it would taste like using those 100 calorie packs of Oreos. I don't think I can have any real type of Oreos in my house. My willpower may not be that strong.
  • reai_mccauley
    Options
    They aren't safe in my house either. I bought a box of Oreo/vanilla pudding mix instead of using real oreos.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    BUMPING....check it out later !!
  • BeUnique1207
    BeUnique1207 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I can't wrap my head around why, why, WHY... WHY?! you would need additional sweetener on TOP of oreos? Aren't the things basically PURE SUGAR?

Easier solution, and a lot less dangerous because it doesn't require oreos in the house: Cookies & Cream protein powder in almond milk ^^ If you really need that special crunch, add some low-fat graham cracker crumbs in after mixing everything, nayh? :P
  • reai_mccauley
    Options
    I didn't add the sweetner and it was good without it. Seriously though, the oreo vanilla pudding mix was a good alternative to having the cookies in there.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MizzRedskin804
    MizzRedskin804 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, this sounds good, might have to give it a try!!
  • Bobanji
    Bobanji Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious. I'm probably gonna try it with my almond milk and the oreo pudding. yay! :)
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I can't wrap my head around why, why, WHY... WHY?! you would need additional sweetener on TOP of oreos? Aren't the things basically PURE SUGAR?

Easier solution, and a lot less dangerous because it doesn't require oreos in the house: Cookies & Cream protein powder in almond milk ^^ If you really need that special crunch, add some low-fat graham cracker crumbs in after mixing everything, nayh? :P
    now if I could only find cookies and cream protein powder here in Belgium (I can find oreos though) and every last package of Almond milk I have found here is LOADED with added sugar (mainly as "rice sugar" for some reason) ... I am sure some no sugar added almond milk most exist here in Belgium (I know that almond milk is supposed to be easy to make but it seems so cost prohibitive) and I love the idea of cookies and cream protein powder - I guess I must keep looking in the meantime I might just try a variation on this recipe :-)