Healthy way to work in Fat.

Options
Since I've changed my eating habits, I seem to be coming up short of my fat goals for the day. I've read that a diet with healthy levels of fat is good for losing weight, so I would like to find a way to work fat into my diet. Any suggestions?

Replies

• meribethd
    meribethd Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    One thing I do is saute vegetables or chicken in olive oil. Half a tablespoon is plenty and will give you lots of healthy fats.

Nuts are also high in healthy fats, too. A serving of almonds works great!

I don't know what your calorie goals are, but a serving of cheese (usually 1 oz) and a small amount of dark chocolate are also good options.
  • Izabera
    Izabera Posts: 28
    Options
    Cook with olive oil :smile:

Yes Nuts!! I keep a bag of cashews around to aid my hunger(also aids fat burning) , cook with pine nuts , seeds of all kinds, wholegrain(seeds) bread
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter or any type of nut butter is great for good fats. If you're still short, fish is great for healthy fats as well. Maybe a fish oil supplement?
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Avocado
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    You need healthy fats. They're present in foods like

Fish oils

Olive oil

Peanut butter

Avocado (guacamole is always super goood!!)

Eggs
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Replace things in your food arsenal that are "reduced fat" with the real thing! Whole milk, butter, etc.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer suggested I try to hit my fat limit, whereas I was trying to make it lower! He said I should have nuts, seeds, olive oil, avocado..... I also think peanut butter is good. Obviously you only need small amounts of all the foods mentioned.
  • tobejune
    tobejune Posts: 177
    Options
    avocados, coconut or olive oils, good quality pasture butter, nuts and seeds
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    Avocado

my favorite "healthy" fat

I work in most fats in my diet at one point or another, but I (try to) defer to the standard list of healthy fats, as listed already in the thread, for the majority.
  • meribethd
    meribethd Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i looooooooove avocados.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Since I've changed my eating habits, I seem to be coming up short of my fat goals for the day. I've read that a diet with healthy levels of fat is good for losing weight, so I would like to find a way to work fat into my diet. Any suggestions?

Nuts and seeds in your breakfast, avocado or olives with your salad, cocoa powder in smoothies and snacks, block creamed coconut in Thai stir fries and South Asian curries, oily fish every day.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Fish oils

Olive oil

Peanut butter

Eggs

This. Also don't be afraid of steak.

And bacon.

Lots of Bacon.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i LOVE almond butter!
  • jjenks3
    jjenks3 Posts: 45
    Options

Fish oils

Olive oil

Peanut butter

Eggs

This. Also don't be afraid of steak.

And bacon.

Lots of Bacon.
    Had turkey bacon for the first time today. It was pretty good.