how do i drop inches without losing weight?

Options
i have to drop at least an inch around my waist and hips by the middle of march, but i'm happy with my current number on the scale. i just don't want a lower TDEE as it would be harder to maintain a lower weight. is there a way to lose fat but not weight?

Replies

• ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy stuff
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Lift and lift heavy. reduce your cardio and keep your calories at maintenance.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    lift heavy and eat at maintenance
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    that is what i have been told as well as i a in the same boat. I don't want to drop lower but yet i still have like 2 inches on my lower belly to get rid of.

I am just confused on whether or not i should life heavy with short reps and then if i do that how many reps , how many times? OR life light with lots of reps?
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    pilates. i know it sounds cliche. but joseph pilates was a ballet instructor that taught people in the ballet how to tone from the core out. id say get a denise austin video that doesn't require any extras except hand weights. since its shrinking the inch you want to lose, but toning at the same time, you will most likely stay the same weight since muscle weighs more. shes prob on you tube....look up the "v" shaped floor exercise ....i forget the name of the exercise but your body is in that V shape. but on the floor and legs up and torso up to make a V. stick your hands out to your feet and hold it. twist a lil if u wish. i can only do 2 or 3. there are designed to not get easier the more you do them because your muscle becomes your resistance. the more muscle you gain, the harder the exercise gets. its a good one. good luck
  • calisunrise
    Options
    I am just confused on whether or not i should life heavy with short reps and then if i do that how many reps , how many times? OR life light with lots of reps?
    i'd also like to know this as well
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    Lift heavy with no more than 6-8 reps (my opinion) 3-4 sets
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Replace fat with muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat and is harder to burn off than fat.

Losing inches means losing fat.

Weight training it is!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    yep, lift weights!
  • calisunrise
    Options
    i only own 3-5 weights and no access to the gym though. the nearest gym is an hour away by car.
  • mayamagallanes
    mayamagallanes Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You could always fill up water jugs and lift them! I knew a girl in high school who ran miles a day with two water jugs
  • Hannah7783
    Hannah7783 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey! Can I ask why you need to lose an inch? Cos in your photos you look teeny tiny already! (I'm not asking this in a rude way at all by the way, just curious! Cos if I had your figure, I would be so pleased! And certainly from an aesthetics point of view, you don't need to lose anything else.)

But for interest, if I eat wholegrain crackers in place of bread/pasta/rice for a few days, I lose an inch from my tummy! My personal trainer friend also says just giving up caffeine has lost her around an inch all over (and it has to be the caffeine because she's an expert in fitness and nutrition!)

:-)
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    i only own 3-5 weights and no access to the gym though. the nearest gym is an hour away by car.

Perhaps you can look into some sort of strength program that doesn't require weights? There are body weight programs out there, though I've never really looked into them myself.
  • calisunrise
    Options
    Hey! Can I ask why you need to lose an inch? Cos in your photos you look teeny tiny already! (I'm not asking this in a rude way at all by the way, just curious! Cos if I had your figure, I would be so pleased! And certainly from an aesthetics point of view, you don't need to lose anything else.)

But for interest, if I eat wholegrain crackers in place of bread/pasta/rice for a few days, I lose an inch from my tummy! My personal trainer friend also says just giving up caffeine has lost her around an inch all over (and it has to be the caffeine because she's an expert in fitness and nutrition!)

:-)
    for modelling. my measurements are 32-24.5-37 and my hips are supposed to be 35-36" at most by march
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
  • calisunrise
    Options
    also, if it matters. i just started week 2 of ripped in 30
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i also have no gym access near me and i own 3.5 and 10 lb weights. 10 lbs are too much for certain exercises.... for my ideal body i need to lose 0.5 off my waist still, 1 inch off my hips and 2 off my lower belly...

i am also doing rin30. I am starting level 2 today, i have done it before, this is my 3 rd time doing that dvd...

sometimes what we want ideally, isn't realistic depending on our body shapes. You ay not be able to make you hips lose anymore, it may just be your bone structure...
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    i also have no gym access near me and i own 3.5 and 10 lb weights. 10 lbs are too much for certain exercises.... for my ideal body i need to lose 0.5 off my waist still, 1 inch off my hips and 2 off my lower belly...

i am also doing rin30. I am starting level 2 today, i have done it before, this is my 3 rd time doing that dvd...

sometimes what we want ideally, isn't realistic depending on our body shapes. You ay not be able to make you hips lose anymore, it may just be your bone structure...

I agree to this. OP, you are pear shaped, your hips are always going to b bigger. Ur upper body is already SO small. You could try bulking & then cutting again to gain some muscle & drop your body fat, though you already look pretty low to me. Though you're gonna need to eat a surplus to gain muscle & lift heavy, as far as I understand. You can get some newbie gains at first when eating a deficit, but idk how long that lasts.