Is my weight dropping off too quickly ????

Granny2b
Granny2b Posts: 91
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok i have been at my fitness pal for 4 weeks now. 1st week i lost 6 pounds, 2nd 5 pounds 3rd and 4th week 4 pounds off each. So that is a total loss of 19 pounds in 4 weeks. My question is am i loseing too quickly??? I have been doing everything that it has said on here to do. Drinking all my water and not going over my calorie allowance. I exersise 1 hour every day for 6 days and i have one day off. I have been doing a lot of craft projects and that keeps my mind off eating. Is it unhealthy to lose so much in such a short period of time ?? Any advice would be really appreciated.

Pamela x:flowerforyou:

Replies

• SarahBC
    SarahBC Posts: 72 Member
    Unfortuanlty there is never a correct answer to your question. Normally the quicker you loose weight the quicker you can put it back on. However if you keep up the exercise and eating healthy plan there you will be fine, if however you suddenly stop your body will go into shock and will gain the weight back.

I am a personal trainer and have seen many a times people loose weight quicklly, it is not unhealthy as long as you are doing it the right way, which you seem to be doing. Your weight loss will slow down as you keep going which is also normal, but seriously don't stress to much as long as you keep up the good work than your body will get used to the exercise and healthy eating and once you hit a healthy weight than your body will slow down, just remember though even once you get to your goal weight to maintain it as you didn't go though all this hard work to stop and put it all back on.

I hope this is some what helpful any more questions add me and I can help at any stage
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I see you're looking to lose almost 100 lbs so no, that should be a fine time frame for you. It may slow down in the weeks to come.
  • hdchevygrl
    hdchevygrl Posts: 2
    The first few weeks when you diet the weight that you lose is water weight. After losing water weight is when you start losing pounds of fat
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    The first few weeks when you diet the weight that you lose is water weight. After losing water weight is when you start losing pounds of fat

It is true the first few POUNDS are usually water, but I would not agree with the statement that you all the weight lost in the first few weeks is water. The only way this is likely to be true is if you had a health condition that caused you to retain fluids and you started taking a diuretic medication.

By the description of what you have been doing, you are fine.. and you can figure at least 15 of that 19 lbs. is NOT water!!! In my first 6 weeks, I lost 18 lbs, and another 12 in the next 4 weeks. After that things slowed down a bit. Good luck.
  • usually within the first week or even a month people tends to lose more weight than ever. so its normal. but after that it will slow down and it will be down to 1 or 2 the most. but keep up the progress seems like you have made a lot of changes to lose that much too :)

keep it up
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    I lost almost 20 lbs the first month, then 12 lbs the second month, then only 7 the third. So it'll def slow down. Everyone I've talked to that have lots of weight to loose is the same way when they stick to the plan. Wouldn't worry about it unless you continue to loose 20 lbs every month.
This discussion has been closed.