I'm new to this and signed up with my wife. Friend me!

Options
I've joined this group with my wife, Amy. She and I both want to shed some extra pounds so I agreed to sign up with her and help support her in her efforts. I eat fast food quite often and have little willpower when I get hungry. I like pork fat, cheeses, meat and soft drinks. Starchy, carb rich foods are a big weakness but luckily I don't struggle with a sweet tooth. I'm inspired by my wife's dedication and desire to be healthy and I hope I can continue to support her as we go through this process together. I was dismayed when some a-hole messaged her right after she posted her introductory forum saying some inappropriate things to her. Clearly he's "trolling" this site for vulnerable women and preying on them assuming they're weak and have low self-esteem. I hope he sees that this is wrong and destructive to some people. I also hope that if anyone else is approached by this guy, or anyone like him, that they call him out for that type of behavior. Best of luck to those of you with good intent, I look forward to a healthier future!

Replies

• cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Options
    hello and welcome to you and Amy both! I think it is fantastic that youi two are doing this together! You will see that there are soooo mnay people from alll over the WORLD who will want to help and support you both in this journey to better health! You will also see, sadly, that some are just here to be ....well, I wont say it..it is Sunday after all so best of luck to you two and feel free to add me ( you both can! ) and I will support you in any and every way that I can!
  • aglazier75
    aglazier75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post Cara523. It is sad that some people are using this site to troll. We could use all of the encouragement we can get so we welcome your friendship.