Vegan- Grocery List Help Please

Options
I am set on going Vegan. Not entirely sure where to start. I was wondering what the average Vegan's grocery list consists of? Thank you for your help :)

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    There is some decent information on nutrition on various vegetarian and vegan society and charity websites, start with that IMO so you know what you must add or increase substantially as well as what you must omit.
  • azalea617
    azalea617 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    As much as people get annoyed with certain aspects of them, PETA's website has a great "shopping list" page that gives you an idea of what to get. They have a lot of good information about turning vegan too, to make it easier.
  • pepin1224
    pepin1224 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you like to eat. When I was Vegan I would plan out my meals for the week. Lentils were a staple for me, coconut milk too (good source of protein), tomato paste, a lot of vegetables. I suggest planning your meals then going shopping. If you need meal ideas use sites like theppk.com or theveganstoner.blogspot.ca.
  • thatlittlebit
    thatlittlebit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
  • danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on the packaged faux meat products and they high-fat stuff. Eat a lot of those things won't make you feel very good. Stick to lots of grains & legumes. Tons of fruit and lots of veggies.

Rice
    Quinoa
    Lentils
    Beans
    Peas(split or fresh)

Bananas
    Berries
    Oranges
    Mangos
    Crazy exotic fruit. Check out an asian markets that you might have nearby.

Tender leafy greens such as
    Romaine Hearts
    Boston
    Red Leaf

All sorts of veggies
    and a little bit of nuts and seeds don't overload

If you want any help feel free to message me. I coach vegans and raw foodist and would be more than happy to pass along info.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    there's a book called Vegan for Life that has a TON of great info. I also recommend the Thrive books by Brendan Brazier