I am eating really tasty foods....

Options
...Ive been using this site for approx 12 days now I think and have lost 6.5lb which I am pleased about, especially when I look back at my food diary, as I am still eating everything I want to just in moderation.

I am wondering if I should cut back on the "tasty" comforting foods and focus on more healthy options? So far I haven't felt like I am on a "diet" and that I am not missing out, i want to change my eating for life, not just for losing weight at the moment...

I have a VERY sweet tooth and simply cannot do without chocolate!

What do you guys think? Any advice would be great!

33642279.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I think you need to find the right balance for yourself. You shouldn't have to feel like you're on a diet, but there's always room for healthy food also. And I definitely haven't given up on chocolate. Great going!
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Don't cut out the foods you love! Just keep an eye on how many calories of them you're taking in. And try to incorporate healthier foods, especially fruits and veggies. They will help you feel full and the sugar in fruit will help to satisfy your sweet tooth so you're less likely to over-endulge on your favorite chocolate.
  • laprovocateur
    laprovocateur Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    500 calories of spinach isn't quite the same as 500 calories of chocolate ice cream.*

However.... If you're just getting started, I definitely do not recommend diving head first into a raw diet lifestyle. It will be hard on your digestive system and your psyche and frankly, it's just too much trouble all at once.

As you begin to notice the qualities of foods and how they affect your body, and as you begin to care more about your health, it will become second nature to make healthier choices in your diet. Soon, you will notice that when you omit fried foods for an extended period of time before eating them again, your stomach will become very unhappy. And when you eat a very rich piece of chocolate cake after having virtually no sugar for several days, it will not taste the way you remember - at all. Eating an entire carton of ice cream will seem disgusting and impossible.

You aren't just changing your tomorrow, you're changing your life. Kudos to you!

*why? because of the fat/carb/sugar content, not to mention the molecular makeup of the existing nutrients. Manufactured/processed calories are not as easily digested as naturally occurring nutrients.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit is what's important. Eat what you want, add some exercise, and wait. Simple as that. No tricks, no magic, just plain and simple calorie deficit and some exercise for helping with the deficit and body composition.

I've been here since July 2012, and I'm having a blast. Add friends that are like you, don't get overly emotional from what is said on the forums, and enjoy life.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm eating lots of delicious foods that I love. The key to making this work is to find ways to still enjoy your food while making healthier choices in terms of quantity and quality. I've had great success in taking my family's favorite recipes and tweaking them to making them healthier without sacrificing taste. I've also discovered some new family favorites by checking out websites that do the same thing (skinnytaste.com is a great example).

If I want to eat something that might be an 'unhealthy choice', I just plan for it. I make it fit my totals for the day.

If I didn't like what I was eating, I wouldn't have lasted very long on this plan...
  • jiggy_gibby
    Options
    Calorie deficit is what's important. Eat what you want, add some exercise, and wait. Simple as that. No tricks, no magic, just plain and simple calorie deficit and some exercise for helping with the deficit and body composition.

I've been here since July 2012, and I'm having a blast. Add friends that are like you, don't get overly emotional from what is said on the forums, and enjoy life.

this ^^