Going out-what to drink?

Options
This question is on my mind for a few days now. I enjoy going out with my friends, but as I heard alcohol has many many calories! Is there any specific alcohol which is "not that bad" in calories?

I don't drink so much anyway but a glass of white wine is quite nice from time to time.
Please help! Don't wanna mess up my diet with consuming too much calories from drinking!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Dry white wine 80cals a glass or sparkling water 0cals lol
  • Clarissa546
    Options
    thanks, I prefer wine to drink much more than water when I'm going out, but thanks :)
  • sherrycf
    Options
    a glass of wine is about 120 calories give or take for white or red, a vodka diet tonic or club soda about the same, stay away from any juice mixers that is what packs the calories, you are probably safest with wine, have fun!!
  • Clarissa546
    Options
    This really helps me, thanks! :)
  • shmoony
    shmoony Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    alcohol is 7 cals / gram so a 80 proof (40%) liquor is going to have about the same amount of cals regardless. 40% / 28 grams per oz is 11.5 grams of alcohol per oz of liquor x 7 = 78.4 cals per oz. The only thing that adds is the mixer, so stay away from coke, cranberry, etc. Drink vodka soda with a lime. It will still add up, becasue most drinks have at least 1 1/2 ounces of vodka in them. I also really like Bud Select 55 which you can imagine by the name, only has 55 calories per. If you have one vodka and a couple 55's, you should be ok.
  • NSP85
    NSP85 Posts: 27
    Options
    I think about what to drink as well when i'm at the pub chillin with friends. Light beer, wine, vodka water are options. But if you're starting out like me, maybe it's best to cut the booze. I drank water last night and saved on my bill :)
  • sbozik123456789
    sbozik123456789 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    vodka and water with barlime only 69cal a drink and so good.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I go with a wine, or a mixed drink with a diet soda & ask for extra ice in my drinks.

If I plan on drinking a lot, I will take shots and drink glasses of ice water in between. :)
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i drink a vodka 7 press...just vodka, water adn a lil splash of 7up with a lime. yum. ive heard ppl bring MIO with them to mix if you like something sweeter. ive tried it, its not bad :)