serious topic: north korea nuclear tests??

Options
lovelyMYlovely
lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
i have been reading the news lately and i saw an article that North korea is planning to test nuclear weapons.... can someone fully explain this for me??? and which countries are in the main spotlight for the attack..??

i am very concerned. Thank you!!! I will post one of the articles below....

http://news.msn.com/world/north-korean-leader-vows-to-press-ahead-with-nuclear-tests

Replies

• lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    bump.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    It's my understanding N.Korea does this posturing and such semi-annually in order to get international aid and such. They mainly threaten U.S. allies in the region.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Read the article....it tells you they are testing it inside of a mountain. Basically, they are developing weapons and it indicates they are still trying to develop the range missiles and technology to make them small - they aren't there yet. Considering how important we are to the economy of China....wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese step in at some point because they'll be upset over the idea of losing a critical trade partner. I read the Chinese actually pushed for sanctions this time so the North Koreans had better watch out.

Monica
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    They remind me of a kid who wants attention. One of these years they'll get it and realize it isn't the attention they wanted.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    North Korea always says crap like this. I call their bluff...again
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    As everybody has previously said, this has been going on for quite some time.
    Pottsville is correct. They very very badly want attention.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    well the reason i am concerned is because i heard that his father died and now he has taken the lead role in North Korea.. i am worried that he is trying to prove himself as a new leader and do something that could potentially cause a new world war...

also i have read other news articles saying he wants to test it on the U.S. but since this is the most current article i had to question it again
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    No country should be allowed to have nuclear weapons!!! except the U.S. of course. These other countries could drop them on cities, killing hundreds of thousands of people, leaving millions with chronic health problems - oh wait...
  • CH0DE_LICK
    Options
    N. Korea is the bad step child that acts out when they want attention. Instead of trying to build really expensive toy rockets they should worry about feeding their people.
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    US ARMY..... I wish they would....
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I remember when Kim Jong Il died and his son was named the next leader, a lot of news articles warned that his son is even MORE radical than his father. So, you never know.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    I remember when Kim Jong Il died and his son was named the next leader, a lot of news articles warned that his son is even MORE radical than his father. So, you never know.
    [/quote
    ya exactly... i just think he is trying to prove a point by acting worse than his father....
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I remember, not too long ago, France did some nuclear tests, and to punish them, a bunch of people bought French wine and poured it out without drinking it. That sure taught them a lesson.

Maybe North Korea wants more people to buy their products.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.