SCARY FIRST DAY......

Options
THE DAY STARTED OUT SOOO GOOD. THEN THIS OVERWHELMING HUNGER CAME UPON ME!! I WAS MUNCHING AND MUNCHING. I WENT TO THE GYM AND CAME BY EVEN WORSE!!!....... WHAT IS THIS?????

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? What kind of food are you eating? Are you eating your exercise calories? What is your calorie limit?
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I mind block, dont think of yourself on a "Diet" this is a healthy way of life a program. If your going to munch, munch on some veggies (watch out for dips though) Eat more protein also, this will fill you up. You might have been dehydrated, hunger pains hit if you dont drink lots and lots of water. Also eat a snack before your workout; fruit is great or some yogurt.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get your protein in! Protein is a really good hunger suppressor--when I have the munchies, I eat a tablespoon of peanut butter (which has a lot of cals and fat, too, but it works!) and a glass of water, and that usually shuts my cravings down.
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I mind block, dont think of yourself on a "Diet"

I can't think of myself on a diet either or I sabotage it everytime!
    I can't even have people bug me about it or I just snap.
  • meljaniya
    meljaniya Posts: 22
    Options
    I HAVE BEEN DRINKING WATER ALL DAY. I AM A BIG WATER DRINKER. MY CALORIE INTAKE A DAY IS 1380! I ATE OATMEAL FOR BREAKFAST, SMOKED OYSTERS WITH MINI WHEAT TOAST FOR LUNCH, POPCORN FOR SNACK AND 2 STALKS OF MARINATED ASPARGUS AND FOR DINNER STEAK WITH ROASTED RED POTATOES. I EARNED 677 CALORIES FROM EXERCISE TODAY. I HAVE NOT TOUCHED THOSE CALORIES. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? WILL THE HUNGAR PAINS SUBSIDE?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Carbs make me a lot more hungry, so I try to have more protein and fiber each day, as well as a LOT of water. :smile:
  • Johnnyswife
    Options
    I HAVE BEEN DRINKING WATER ALL DAY. I AM A BIG WATER DRINKER. MY CALORIE INTAKE A DAY IS 1380! I ATE OATMEAL FOR BREAKFAST, SMOKED OYSTERS WITH MINI WHEAT TOAST FOR LUNCH, POPCORN FOR SNACK AND 2 STALKS OF MARINATED ASPARGUS AND FOR DINNER STEAK WITH ROASTED RED POTATOES. I EARNED 677 CALORIES FROM EXERCISE TODAY. I HAVE NOT TOUCHED THOSE CALORIES. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? WILL THE HUNGAR PAINS SUBSIDE?
    You need to eat your calories that you burned. Your calorie level is 1380 and you burned over 600 calories which means your body is trying to live on 700 calories, Go eat some protien like grilled chicken or something. Try to eat as much of your excercise calories and allotted calories as you can. If you need to, bump them up a bit till you get used to eating lower levels. You'll be okay! :flowerforyou:
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I read today of a study that found women feel hungrier after exercise than men, and so it's much more important for women to control their weight with their diet rather than with exercise because all too often we just can't control ourselves from eating after a workout.

That's not to say don't work out, of course, but it could be explaining your hunger. Eat back some of your exercise calories and keep drinking a lot of water.
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    Some people might not agree with me but take a baggie full of beef jerky(comes in 3flavors) and some nuts and stick it in your bag so when you get the hunger pains you will have some snacks on hand and the reason I swear by beef jerky is because it takes you alot longer to chew so therefor you are not eating as much
  • Johnnyswife
    Options
    Some people might not agree with me but take a baggie full of beef jerky(comes in 3flavors) and some nuts and stick it in your bag so when you get the hunger pains you will have some snacks on hand and the reason I swear by beef jerky is because it takes you alot longer to chew so therefor you are not eating as much
    Mmm...I love beef jerky. Just keep water with you since its pretty salty. Almonds are a good pick for snacks. unroasted are heavier and the oils are good for you and curb your appitite.
  • meljaniya
    meljaniya Posts: 22
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE GREAT ADVICE!