oats so simple - golden syrup?

Options
I usually have 2 eggs for breakfast, either scrambled or an omlette however a few of my friends (who are nurses etc) have said too many eggs are bad for you.

i have a load of oats so simple sachets where you add 180 sk milk and microwave. They are golden syrup flavour. I have read the label and are high in carbs/sugar, am i ok having these or would they rise/low my blood sugar levels making me hungry mid-morn?

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Too many eggs might be bad for you but two a day is not necessarily too many unless you have a health problem that means you need to avoid saturated fat. I wonder if your nurse friends are out of date with their nutrition studies? Are you having omega-enriched or organic eggs for the better fat profile?

Oats so Simple is processed oats plus there is a huge amount of added sugar so really they should go into the maximum 10% of daily calories as sugary/ fatty/ junk category. if you want to switch to oatmeal/ porridge get some jumbo or steel cut oats and sweeten with mixed berries.

Looking at your food diary the processed ham and smoked salmon you have in an omelette is very high in salt for a regular thing and the ham is packed with nitrites, maybe switch to veggies which you are very low on, plus some low fat soft or grated hard cheese to make up the recommended dairy servings which you also seem to be missing out on?

There is an awful lot of salt in seafood sticks and canned soup too, you might want to track sodium.
  • jackdaniels1234123
    jackdaniels1234123 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Too many eggs might be bad for you but two a day is not necessarily too many unless you have a health problem that means you need to avoid saturated fat. I wonder if your nurse friends are out of date with their nutrition studies? Are you having omega-enriched or organic eggs for the better fat profile?

Oats so Simple is processed oats plus there is a huge amount of added sugar so really they should go into the maximum 10% of daily calories as sugary/ fatty/ junk category. if you want to switch to oatmeal/ porridge get some jumbo or steel cut oats and sweeten with mixed berries.

Looking at your food diary the processed ham and smoked salmon you have in an omelette is very high in salt for a regular thing and the ham is packed with nitrites, maybe switch to veggies which you are very low on, plus some low fat soft or grated hard cheese to make up the recommended dairy servings which you also seem to be missing out on?

There is an awful lot of salt in seafood sticks and canned soup too, you might want to track sodium.

Thanks so much hunny, really helpful advice :-)