MFP Apps, devices I'M NEW HERE

Options
So............. MFP has all kinds of apps which sync with all kinds of devices.
Does anyone have a recommendation for which app/device, if any, I should buy? I'm mid 40s, very over weight, ex-swimmer and having hot flashes! (Sorry, might be TMI for some of the guys....)
Also, I'd love some additional MFPs to help me with my journey.
One day at a time!
Thanks!

Replies

• pinkandgreen111
    Options
    bump
  • Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    Options
    My Striiv Play is in the mail, but I'm a game nut, so that's totally motivating. I see lots of people who like their fitbit. I'd suggest downloading the apps and playing with them and seeing what you would actually use. And, here are swimming pedometers (strokeometers!?!? Lol) but since I don't normally swim for exercise, I have no advice there. I wish there was a way to rent them for like a month, try it, and send it back, but that'd be kinda icky...

I have a Garmin ForeRunner that I take with me n runs, too, because I like torun outside and suck at man tang a pace. So the calculation off that is tons more accurate than the straight distance / time calculation you get from MFP.

And.... welcome!
  • pinkandgreen111
    Options
    Never heard of a striiv play! that sounds like fun though if it's a game. Thanks for responding! I feel like an idiot with this hanging out there no one one responding... :sad:
  • bluevmax92
    bluevmax92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    First off, what platform are you on? Android,iOS, Windows Mobile, you didn't say. I don't use any other apps except Ifitness, which shows how to do different exercises and jetfit, which builds a workout routine for you to follow day to day. MFP is the quickest food scanner, hands down!
  • pinkandgreen111
    Options
    First off, what platform are you on? Android,iOS, Windows Mobile, you didn't say. I don't use any other apps except Ifitness, which shows how to do different exercises and jetfit, which builds a workout routine for you to follow day to day. MFP is the quickest food scanner, hands down!

ooooooooooooooo! Good question. I am on an iPhone. Lots of apps and devices to choose from! The ones that you use.... are they good for beginners or are they intimidating?
  • Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    Options
    Ooh! Apple I know! GorillaLite for a free calensthetics routine every day. JeFit to track your gym stuff. PepperPlate so you can meal plan because I'm a terrible eater when there's no plan. Download the Striiv app and see if you like it.

YouTube for free exercise videos, lots of people do 30 day shred off there. Ad I watch people do exercises a bunch before I try them myself.

JEFit can be a little intimidating...
  • bluevmax92
    bluevmax92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    They are basically a resource... The more info you have, the better off you'll be.